Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Jan 31, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #887 of 1,463
20180131_094501.jpg

Jan 31, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #889 of 1,463
20180130_001608.jpg
My B400 came in cracked for the left unit shell, i already sent in an email to customer service and they are getting it replaced with fedex shipping. Just thought that i would share this. Might be shipping damage, but given how the entire b400 box itself was wrapped in so much bubble wrap with a tough box around it, i question how it is shipping damage.

Hoped that issues like these wouldnt have occurred, but kudos for the good customer service response so far.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #890 of 1,463
Fristly we are sorry for themicro gaps, but saying that the back gap is not really a qc issue, this is due to the 3d printing and it is something noted early on and also reviewers pointed this out in nearly every review of the frosty. It is a cosmetic blemish due to how the unit but does not affect the quality as the actual internal unit is sealed and the gaps are superficial.

We always were looking for a way to reduce these micro gaps and even with batch 2 we were able to reduce this on later produced ones, so I suspect even many of batch 2 won't see these gaps anylonger. With batch 3 this won't be a issue.

I certainly don't want people who purchased the B400 early on to feel like they were guinea pigs, so we will offer in mid Jan for any of those from batch 1 and 2 to send back their units to be rehoused. I do stress again this would only be to improve the cosmetic appearance, the performance and durability would be the same.

Our customer service team will be in touch with batch 1 and 2 bbuyers in Jan about this issue. This can't e done any sooner due to the busy Xmas season.

Apart from these noted superficial micro gaps, I am quite happy to say any other actual qc issues have been far and few.

I do expect our change in how we finish these products will stop the extraction from the overall true value of our B400.
Hey, I am a Batch 2 buyer and am wondering if this still will happen? My right monitor has had at least one driver stop functioning (not a cable issue), and I was hoping to have both the driver issue and the rehousing accomplished simultaneously, so I have yet to send them in for driver repair. I'm guessing I am not the only early batch buyer still hoping for a rehousing given the changes to nozzle design, finish, etc.

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #891 of 1,463
MMCX connectors can be tricky and picky sometimes. All i can say is if our cables fit fine and so does the ALO then it could be the connector on the other cable.
Just a small update, I gave it another shot tonight and holding the shell a bit more solid I easily got the cable to go on. These MMCX connections are much tighter than usual which is a good thing. The stock cable is very nice but I do like to experiment with other cables and also the end of the ear hook was annoying the back or the my ear. Not sure why

Feb 1, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #892 of 1,463
I sure hope the connectors wouldn't pose any problems. I'm considering to install a stock SE846 cable on them since they look more matched due to the frosted connector section. I believe they belong on the B4s, not so much on those other transparent shells.
A.E.S.T.H.E.T.I.C.

Feb 1, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #893 of 1,463
I sure hope the connectors wouldn't pose any problems. I'm considering to install a stock SE846 cable on them since they look more matched due to the frosted connector section. I believe they belong on the B4s, not so much on those other transparent shells.
A.E.S.T.H.E.T.I.C.
IDK why I couldn't get the cable connected the ither night. Was using a ton of force and nada lol. Tried with less power but a straighter push and holding the shell more tightly it went in easily

Feb 1, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #894 of 1,463
I just got my B400 upon placing an order about a week ago. Great service from Brainwvz, thanks guys!

Never tried BA IEM before so this is my first one and I'm liking the sound of the B400. :ksc75smile:

The isolation from outside noise is top notch and comply tips are really comfy.

Just a question for those who can read the small letters on the IEM, how can one tell the right and left units? I've also got the candy can wire which has one dot for one side and two dots for the other. Which is for left and which is for right?

Thanks.

Feb 1, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #895 of 1,463
My B400 came in cracked for the left unit shell, i already sent in an email to customer service and they are getting it replaced with fedex shipping. Just thought that i would share this. Might be shipping damage, but given how the entire b400 box itself was wrapped in so much bubble wrap with a tough box around it, i question how it is shipping damage.

Hoped that issues like these wouldnt have occurred, but kudos for the good customer service response so far.

Pretty sure it happened in transit, such damage wouldnt have passed through unnoticed whem being made and wouldn't make any sense for us to pack and ship a cracked item. Probably the parcel was put under a lot other heavy parcels.

Hey, I am a Batch 2 buyer and am wondering if this still will happen? My right monitor has had at least one driver stop functioning (not a cable issue), and I was hoping to have both the driver issue and the rehousing accomplished simultaneously, so I have yet to send them in for driver repair. I'm guessing I am not the only early batch buyer still hoping for a rehousing given the changes to nozzle design, finish, etc.

Yes, but we are not doing this at this moment as we don't have capacity to redo the housing and do current production. The offer to apply the new finish will probably take shape closer to the end of this month, maybe sooner.

I just got my B400 upon placing an order about a week ago. Great service from Brainwvz, thanks guys!

Never tried BA IEM before so this is my first one and I'm liking the sound of the B400. :ksc75smile:

The isolation from outside noise is top notch and comply tips are really comfy.

Just a question for those who can read the small letters on the IEM, how can one tell the right and left units? I've also got the candy can wire which has one dot for one side and two dots for the other. Which is for left and which is for right?

Thanks.

If you look on the shell and see the word Brainwavz, the one where Brainwavz is written starting from the nozzle side is the left, the one where Brainwavz starts from the connector side is the right.

Also when worn over the ear (as it should be) left and right earpieces will only fit left and right ear respectively.

With the candy cane, the red cable is right, blue is left. Easy way to remember is Red starts with R, which is right, bLue has L, which is left.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #896 of 1,463
Feb 2, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #897 of 1,463
b400 vs LZ A4

Sound: Both sound fantastic but B400 near reference neutral signature vs LZ A4 is slightly V shaped even with the most neutral of filter options.
Fit: Hands down the b400 wins - LZ a4 is bigger and bulkier and can be a problem for some
Stability: Again hands down b400 wins - if you jog or workout with them in, the b400 wont be a problem , the LZ-a4 might.
Soundstage - LZ A4 wins, Basically the A4 is an open back design vs the enclosed b400 so it has the benefit of a larger sound stage.
Tuning options - LZ A4 wins since its filter combinations give you options that are unavailable on the b400.

Overall, I find myself reaching for the b400 a lot more simply because of fit and I really like its tuning. If you want something that is less neutral and a bit more lively, the A4 may get the nod but then again, you need to look at the Fiio F9 pro and the OneMore Quad at that point too since they are all within striking distance of each other.

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #898 of 1,463
From what I pretty much easily remember of the A4, the B400 easily wins even in soundstage, the same (if not) wider stage, more height & more depth. Throw on some SpinFits, opens them up beautifully.

Feb 2, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #899 of 1,463
I havent tried the spinfits on my b400 yet, I'll have to since I found that stage depth was about equal but width was better on the Lz a4.

Feb 2, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #900 of 1,463
Awwyeah. These babies have arrived! There are some minor fingerprinting on the insides, but meh. The Shure-esque isolation, though. Only the gif below can express how I've FINALLY gotten the isolation I want all these years.
yyeah.gif

Too early to rejoice now, I still have fatigue testing for two days. Got some loudness war'd albums which I'm too lazy to go remasters hunting for. Some critical listening follows, after that. Talk to you guys soon!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back