Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Jan 29, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #871 of 1,463
Just got mine. Was excited to give them a try (though disappointed they didn't come in that awesome lime green), opened the package, took them out, put one in my right ear, then put the other one in my other right ear... oh wait, I only have one right ear and got two right drivers. Well, that's a bit of a buzzkill...

Buuuut, I made it work by switching one of the drivers upside down just to hear what they sound like. I do very much like the sound, especially out of my V30 (but they are creating a headphone jack issue specific to LG phones that I haven't experienced before likely due to a slightly smaller jack, go figure), so I'm looking forward to getting this issue resolved with Brainwavz so I can enjoy these appropriately. They kind of remind me of my old (and now broken) UM3X, which is a good thing. They are quite large and I'm a bit worried about how they will feel in my ears, considering they do a weird thing that moves when I smile or chew and creates discomfort with a lot of IEMs, but they seem comfortable for large IEMs so far.

This is always one of my fears in dealing with a Chinese company, not necessarily that they are more prone to these kind of mistakes, but the time involved in resolving these mistakes is pretty inconvenient.

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #872 of 1,463
Just got mine. Was excited to give them a try (though disappointed they didn't come in that awesome lime green), opened the package, took them out, put one in my right ear, then put the other one in my other right ear... oh wait, I only have one right ear and got two right drivers. Well, that's a bit of a buzzkill...

Buuuut, I made it work by switching one of the drivers upside down just to hear what they sound like. I do very much like the sound, especially out of my V30 (but they are creating a headphone jack issue specific to LG phones that I haven't experienced before likely due to a slightly smaller jack, go figure), so I'm looking forward to getting this issue resolved with Brainwavz so I can enjoy these appropriately. They kind of remind me of my old (and now broken) UM3X, which is a good thing. They are quite large and I'm a bit worried about how they will feel in my ears, considering they do a weird thing that moves when I smile or chew and creates discomfort with a lot of IEMs, but they seem comfortable for large IEMs so far.

This is always one of my fears in dealing with a Chinese company, not necessarily that they are more prone to these kind of mistakes, but the time involved in resolving these mistakes is pretty inconvenient.

:face_palm:

I am sorry for our very silly mistake, we knew there was a order of frosty sent out as we found 2 left units at the end of the day, we just didn't know which order was affected by our packing teams mistake. If you have not yet reached out to our support team please do so at help@yourbrainwavz.com or DM me your order number and i will have our team get in touch with you for a reverse pickup. We will help to get this sorted out asap.

Jan 29, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #873 of 1,463
Just got mine. Was excited to give them a try (though disappointed they didn't come in that awesome lime green), opened the package, took them out, put one in my right ear, then put the other one in my other right ear... oh wait, I only have one right ear and got two right drivers. Well, that's a bit of a buzzkill....
Was also looking forward to them, but i just unpacked and got 2 left pieces :disappointed:

Jan 29, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #874 of 1,463
well if you live closer to each other than to Hong Kong, it might be faster to just ship them to each other as it sounds like it would solve both problems :)

Jan 29, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #876 of 1,463
Well initial impressions using BW balanced cable, bass is light but adequate. Details and clarity are very good, doesn't need to be loud to get details though you'll want to turn it up for bass. They are quite big but fit comfortably & pretty flush. I think these will be my bedside IEMs and the CH9T will use the 3.5 BW cable and go back to gym duty.

Cons: The 3D Printing is crap, can barely even read Brainwavz on the shells, its my first 3D printed IEM though so IDK what the norm is so its not a big deal. The nozzles are short & tiny so tip rolling isn't easy. Using SpinFits, after getting a Small Wide Bore Symbio stuck in my ear (thankfully I had a tie clip by my side to dislodge it). No earwax guard on the nozzle either which can be iffy

Jan 30, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #878 of 1,463
I have to ask, why did you guys make the MMCX connection proprietary? Can't use any of my other cables with these. The cable itself is nice but I'm not feeling the ear hook.

Jan 30, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #879 of 1,463
I have to ask, why did you guys make the MMCX connection proprietary? Can't use any of my other cables with these. The cable itself is nice but I'm not feeling the ear hook.
It's not proprietary though - they are standard MMCX. ALO cables fit. Shure cables fit. Even have a Dunu aftermarket which fits.......

Jan 30, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #880 of 1,463
It's not proprietary though - they are standard MMCX. ALO cables fit. Shure cables fit. Even have a Dunu aftermarket which fits.......
The 3.5 cable worked easily on my CH9T but I can't seem to get either of my balanced cables to snap in, one being a Triton8 Hybrid that I have on my Lyra II. Haha the ALO cable from my CA has an even worse memory wire ear hook (for me).

Also, for fun I was gonna put the Comply tips on, couldn't even fit them onto the nozzle

Jan 30, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #881 of 1,463
Shure Olives are a perfect fit.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #883 of 1,463
Jan 30, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #884 of 1,463
Something is off about mine then, this cable which was on my CH9T will not snap onto the B400.

G&V 2.5mm 4-pole Balanced Cable, MMCX connector, 1.2m, SE-2BA-SL-L https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073PXZ38P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IzjCAb6R1ZR42

Also my Triton8 Hybrid cable won't snap into place. My ALO cable does but of course it's single ended and I want balanced

MMCX connectors can be tricky and picky sometimes. All i can say is if our cables fit fine and so does the ALO then it could be the connector on the other cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back