Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Jan 22, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #856 of 1,463
Still waiting for a shipping notification... Those who have B400, which tips do you recommend? Silicone vs foam?

Ordered mine Dec 30, got my tracking number Friday and this is still all it says:

2018-01-19 15:53

HK, Sender is preparing item for posting

Typical China slow bloat shipping

Jan 22, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #857 of 1,463
Still waiting for a shipping notification... Those who have B400, which tips do you recommend? Silicone vs foam?

Me too
Ordered on Nov 24

Can you two pm me your order numbers, all the preorders are now done so you should have your tracking. If the order was after the preorder (regular pricing) all of those orders will go out in the coming day and in the coming days the B400 will be in regular stock with no further delays in dispatch.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #858 of 1,463
Can you two pm me your order numbers, all the preorders are now done so you should have your tracking. If the order was after the preorder (regular pricing) all of those orders will go out in the coming day and in the coming days the B400 will be in regular stock with no further delays in dispatch.

Just sent you a pm as well since I also have a preorder that has not shipped.

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #859 of 1,463
Would like to give a big shout out to Brainwavz for taking care of my order, where mistakenly I had forgotten to include the HEADFI code to get 10% upon completion of ordering the B400 and headphone stand. Sent an email asking if I had to cancel the order and do it over again, but customer service said they'd take care of it and refund the 10% back. :)

Got confirmation of the 10% the next day and now the waiting game on when the shipping notice on the frosty B400 is issued.

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #860 of 1,463
Just received my Black Friday frosties!

First impressions (my daily use is airpods and er4-xr etymotics, have tried totl also like the 64 18 driver ones and Nobles, use to own brainwavz b2s and they became a firm favourite) also as you can see I don't own any multi ba phones at the moment.

Wow the mids are really warm and presented very intimately. This is how I love my jazz quartets and trios. Put saxophones through these and they sound amazing, very full and lush. Piano also sounds great and lush, unsure if it's an 'accurate' representation but I love it.

Bass is sufficient and surprisingly detailed at this price, but Campfire Jupiters and Noble Kaiser Encores will give you more in particular more detail on sub bass (ok this is an unfair but I'm just giving reference points I know) . Etymotics will give you less. For many picky classical listeners perhaps too much bass.

Separation is very competent for jazz, less so for Edm, maybe just my ears but it struggles to separate instruments but I am used to etymotics where detail and resolution. Cymbals are detailed but these are not reference phones so don't expect accurate reproduction, more fun.

Warm and smooth, with surprisingly competent trebles (I find cymbals very hard to replicate but these do an amazing job). One strange thing I noticed the presentation/ Imaging can sound a little processed or artificial, not a bad thing but it is something I noticed with audio technica headphones too, a phenomenon I don't get with my fostex th600 or etymotics.

These were priced well enough that I was happy to take a gamble, and I'm glad I did. I would be happy to use these daily and own nothing else. The etymotics rule the roost for me as dailies because I own them, but cost 5 times as much.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #861 of 1,463
Just received my Black Friday frosties!

...Cymbals are detailed but these are not reference phones so don't expect accurate reproduction, more fun.

Warm and smooth, with surprisingly competent trebles (I find cymbals very hard to replicate but these do an amazing job)...

I find cymbals being reproduced quite low on B400. Perhaps the musical instrument worst reproduced of anything I’ve heard so far.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #862 of 1,463
Hm. I think it bodes well for me that some of you guys prefer brighter/louder treble. Just hoping that it's not so bad till my tone controls can't even "fix" it.

This is why I'm unwilling to upgrade to a Q1MK2. I can't live without bass +/- and treble +/- at my fingertips, so I can avoid screwing around with EQ and making things worse.

That said, I just love chasing my current neutral unicorn. There's just something soo addicting about an IEM/signature that's not genre specific, yes? It kinda possessed me leave my comfort-zone genres and into another. Genres that I never thought I would even touch!

Jan 23, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #864 of 1,463
I find cymbals being reproduced quite low on B400. Perhaps the musical instrument worst reproduced of anything I’ve heard so far.

Yes this was bugging me - what I will say is the detail is there (many headphones reproduce cymbals without any detail) but it sounds like it’s produced in a lower octave. What is puzzling and probably to do with the cross over is that frequencies higher than cymbals are reproduced more prominently (ie why I said edm sounds pretty good if warm)

Jan 23, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #865 of 1,463
Hm. I think it bodes well for me that some of you guys prefer brighter/louder treble. Just hoping that it's not so bad till my tone controls can't even "fix" it.

This is why I'm unwilling to upgrade to a Q1MK2. I can't live without bass +/- and treble +/- at my fingertips, so I can avoid screwing around with EQ and making things worse.

That said, I just love chasing my current neutral unicorn. There's just something soo addicting about an IEM/signature that's not genre specific, yes? It kinda possessed me leave my comfort-zone genres and into another. Genres that I never thought I would even touch!

ER4 etymotics they are neutral and well to me addicting, add to that their small form factor and single ba and it makes them the ‘one’ for me for all situations and environments (except where I need to hear environmental noise)

One observation is the tuning sounds like you are in a slightly dampened solid oak room - it is really not neutral at all which is why I say I love the reproduction but it is definitely not reference.

Look forward to the b2s if they go back to the old roots (although maybe manage the sibilance a little this time :))

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #866 of 1,463

PM´d yesterday, waiting for reply... And yes, I ordered on black friday/cyber monday.

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #868 of 1,463
After a couple of months of owning these I'm extremely pleased, they work really well with my LG v30!

The one and only complaint I got is the mic cable, which is overall great except the positioning of the remote/mic, its up at my chin instead of below the neck as most earphone remotes are. Makes it more annoying to control the remote and for the mic to pick up my voice.

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #870 of 1,463
Got my B400s last week and so far I'm very happy with them. Now I'm looking for a good mic/remote cable. I was going to order the one from Brainwavz until I saw the comment about the placement of the mic/remote unit being chin level instead of neck level. Does anyone have any experience with the OKCSC cables?

Any other recommendations in the $20-30 range?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back