Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Dec 13, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #706 of 1,463
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #707 of 1,463
Yeah - but its actually a cool shade (for oxidisation) :wink:

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #709 of 1,463
Wow!! Interesting comparation. May it be that the B400 hype is over even before they receive the BA drivers to start manufacturing all the preorders we have done on BF and WM?
Whats going on here? Seems like swaping to fío F9 is a good idea.

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #710 of 1,463
Wow!! Interesting comparation. May it be that the B400 hype is over even before they receive the BA drivers to start manufacturing all the preorders we have done on BF and WM?
Whats going on here? Seems like swaping to fío F9 is a good idea.
It's not about hype, but sound preference. If the b400 sound descriptions fit your preferences then buy them. If the brighter sounding with elevated treble of the f9 suit you better, then buy them. Or just buy them both because their signatures actually compliment each other.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #712 of 1,463
It's not about hype, but sound preference. If the b400 sound descriptions fit your preferences then buy them. If the brighter sounding with elevated treble of the f9 suit you better, then buy them. Or just buy them both because their signatures actually compliment each other.
Yeah, but, its not all about sound, since the review is more than a sound review. He takes care of build quality, cases, eartips and i take care of delivering time.
And we have new updates of the frosti cable oxidation turning to green color, that i ordered for 30$.

I only would like to know if brainwavz can delivery all the the preorders of B400 on this year.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #713 of 1,463
Both are stellar performers in their price bracket, and as Joker suggested it comes down to sound signature preference.

Dec 18, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #714 of 1,463
I actually forgot what the shipping date was for the BF preoders, can't find it in my receipt as well.

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #716 of 1,463
I actually forgot what the shipping date was for the BF preoders, can't find it in my receipt as well.

This:

"NOTE: This is a special Black Friday and Cyber Monday pre-order deal for the next batch (Batch 3) - Production is set for mid/late December but is subject to change depending on stocks and deliveries - This page will be updated with any changes.SAVE $39.50 on standard price and $29.50 on normal preorder price - Limited stocks so be quick!!"

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #717 of 1,463
After having the B150 and B200 V1 I opted to sell the B200 and buy the B200 V2 (due to detachable cable) and I've got the B400 on pre-order. I am very dissatisfied with the rubbish quality cable that has come with the B200 V2, it's cheap feeling and has a terrible amount of noise and a poor overear hook (very tight). I've had a better detachable from cheap £25 Tennmaks that are better than the one provided. As I'm guessing it's the exact one that is going to come with the B400 I guess I'll need to find another one. For now the LZA4's detachable cable is much more comfy and will do.

Instead of charging £30 for one of the upgrades I'd rather have paid a wee bit more for one of the others to come as the one OOTB.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #718 of 1,463
After having the B150 and B200 V1 I opted to sell the B200 and buy the B200 V2 (due to detachable cable) and I've got the B400 on pre-order. I am very dissatisfied with the rubbish quality cable that has come with the B200 V2, it's cheap feeling and has a terrible amount of noise and a poor overear hook (very tight). I've had a better detachable from cheap £25 Tennmaks that are better than the one provided. As I'm guessing it's the exact one that is going to come with the B400 I guess I'll need to find another one. For now the LZA4's detachable cable is much more comfy and will do.

Instead of charging £30 for one of the upgrades I'd rather have paid a wee bit more for one of the others to come as the one OOTB.

Well this would be a first to get a negative comment on the stock cables, till now most people (at least those that have posted on forums) have been positive. The cable you have now is pretty much the same cable design as the original cable on the B200, with the exception of the twisted cables after the splitter, as opposed to the non twisted on the b200 and the MMCX connectors. Usually you can reduce the affect of microphonics by using the cable clinch slider or running the cable under your shirt, you can also change the shape of the preformed ear hook to something looser with the use of a hair dryer as the ear hook is just formed from shrink cable and can be reformed with gentle heat.

I was supposed to be during the first half of December. It should be shipped any day now

The B400 preorder batch 3 will start to be produced end of the month, but with the amount we have to make plus the holidays i don't expect the first preorders to ship till the start of Jan.

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #719 of 1,463
The B400 preorder batch 3 will start to be produced end of the month, but with the amount we have to make plus the holidays i don't expect the first preorders to ship till the start of Jan.[/QUOTE]

This is completely OK, take the time you need to produce it and ship it. Rather spend two weeks more than rush the production. I think we all have at least one spare headphone/iem to listen to :).

Dec 23, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #720 of 1,463
Great to hear they're getting shipped out soon... i hope you've kept track of those who've taken Fedex Express Delivery :)

The B200 I purchased from BW with same international delivery arrived in Uk within 3 days of purchase from Hong Kong. Worth the $15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back