Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Dec 12, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #691 of 1,463
I love the preformed wire (fwiw)

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #692 of 1,463
I'm right there with you @Brooko.

Forgot to post pics of the revised nozzle on the B400. The revision is a big plus imo because it allows a greater variety of tips to be used and addresses my concerns about potential fragility of the old nozzle design. New one is much beefier. I haven't noticed any affect on sound, then again I haven't a/b'ed the two yet.

DSC02070.JPG

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #693 of 1,463
I'm right there with you @Brooko.

Forgot to post pics of the revised nozzle on the B400. The revision is a big plus imo because it allows a greater variety of tips to be used and addresses my concerns about potential fragility of the old nozzle design. New one is much beefier. I haven't noticed any affect on sound, then again I haven't a/b'ed the two yet.

Does the shure goam tips fit on the new desing?

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #695 of 1,463
Forgot to post pics of the revised nozzle on the B400. The revision is a big plus imo because it allows a greater variety of tips to be used and addresses my concerns about potential fragility of the old nozzle design.

Would you please share the measurements for the reworked nozzle? I've ordered the B400 during the pre-order phase for the next batch so I assume I'll receive that one. I'm intending to use them with Spinfit CP800 and Twinblade - can anyone confirm compatibility with the revised nozzle?

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #696 of 1,463
Would you please share the measurements for the reworked nozzle? I've ordered the B400 during the pre-order phase for the next batch so I assume I'll receive that one. I'm intending to use them with Spinfit CP800 and Twinblade - can anyone confirm compatibility with the revised nozzle?

I'm just using a tape measure so someone else will need to provide more accurate measurements, but it's ~4mm average with that small flare extending out to just below 5mm. Even the stock BW tips are a tight squeeze on the new nozzles.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #697 of 1,463

Hello JetPistol,

Here is a drawing of the new B400 nozzle with it’s dimensions. I hope this helps.
B400-Redesigned-Nozzle_Dimensions1.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #699 of 1,463
Hello JetPistol,

Here is a drawing of the new B400 nozzle with it’s dimensions. I hope this helps.
Ok, thanks. It doesnt help me. Whats the old size? Thats on milimetres? Are you going to change the provided tips nozzle size?

Reading others answers, im asuming that the shures wont fit on the new desing, so....

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #700 of 1,463
Ok, thanks. It doesnt help me. Whats the old size? Thats on milimetres? Are you going to change the provided tips nozzle size?

Reading others answers, im asuming that the shures wont fit on the new desing, so....

Nothing actually changed to the diameter, there just used to be a indent, which was removed and filled, giving the nozzle a uniform diameter. A ridge was added so that tips wouldn't slip off (this is what the previous indent helped to do).

Nothing was changed to the tips provided and tip compatibility is the same as was with the previous nozzle design.

Dec 13, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #701 of 1,463
Nothing actually changed to the diameter, there just used to be a indent, which was removed and filled, giving the nozzle a uniform diameter. A ridge was added so that tips wouldn't slip off (this is what the previous indent helped to do).

Nothing was changed to the tips provided and tip compatibility is the same as was with the previous nozzle design.
Ok. Thanks. That help a lot. So now the oudside diameter is the same as the previous one, but the inside diameter is the same than the oudside diameter that gives stronger structural capability to the nozzle.

Im sorry about my bad english skills.

When do you think you can start sending the 3rd lot? Any update?

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #702 of 1,463
I'm just using a tape measure so someone else will need to provide more accurate measurements, but it's ~4mm average with that small flare extending out to just below 5mm.

Hello JetPistol,Here is a drawing of the new B400 nozzle with it’s dimensions. I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the quick responses! Are there any recommendations for silicone tips other than the Spinfit CP800? Speaking of foam tips, I already own INAIRS Air 2 which should fit the B400 nozzle.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #703 of 1,463
Thank you very much for the quick responses! Are there any recommendations for silicone tips other than the Spinfit CP800? Speaking of foam tips, I already own INAIRS Air 2 which should fit the B400 nozzle.

You can try Klipsch Ovals. They are so flexible that even fit in 5mm nozzles, such as Vsonic's VSD3/5, but the intended fit is for narrower diameters.

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #705 of 1,463
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back