Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Dec 7, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #676 of 1,463
Sad, but when not a Xmas gift, then maybe New Year's gift. My mother always said - not the exact day of the year counts, but memory counts.
When I was buying from Brainwavz on BlackFriday there was batch 3 label on their site (discounted version).

Dec 7, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #678 of 1,463
Yes there was but there was also a batch 2 of the B400 that were listed as well stating that they were in stock and at a higher price

I am sorry that happened. With "in stock" B400 they are not assembled till we get ordered, this means that it will always take about 2-3 days to ship out. In your case this was delayed due to bf and cm craziness. However, unfortunately when we did assemble and test your order we found issues with the drivers and we could not fulfill your order as we had no spare left. It was unforseen and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Dec 7, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #679 of 1,463
My Crimson Red B400 has arrived :D Sounds just as good as the review sample and the new nozzle design is much more confidence inspiring in terms of durability. Brainwavz definitely needs to work on the colored coating though. Lots of bubbles and flaws. I'll be updating my review with images of the retail packaging and the Crimson Red model tomorrow or over the weekend.

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #680 of 1,463
My Crimson Red B400 has arrived :D Sounds just as good as the review sample and the new nozzle design is much more confidence inspiring in terms of durability. Brainwavz definitely needs to work on the colored coating though. Lots of bubbles and flaws. I'll be updating my review with images of the retail packaging and the Crimson Red model tomorrow or over the weekend.

What's the difference between the older nozzle and the new one?

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #682 of 1,463
I'm with @Ahmad313 - I always end up buying aftermarket or cutting the memory wires out as I just don't like them. Not having the option to do without is cutting off a market segment that would buy them more readily if that was an option.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #684 of 1,463
I'm with @Ahmad313 - I always end up buying aftermarket or cutting the memory wires out as I just don't like them. Not having the option to do without is cutting of a market segment that would buy them more readily if that was an option.
Also do this and agree.. Never found the memory wires of any help...

Dec 8, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #685 of 1,463
Here's something folks who've pre-ordered B400 ought to know, especially if you're in N. America.

If for any reason you decide to return them for a refund (as I have), you will have to ship them all the way back to Brainwavz' Hong Kong warehouse.

Unfortunately, customer service never really explained why. Maybe @razzer001 could chime in on the rationale for that? I've read elsewhere here that Brainwavz takes returns through a US forwarding address, which is secondhand info that could be out of date.

Anyhow, considering the high cost for individuals to ship from the US to HK, I'll soon be putting these up for sale in the classifieds. Lot to like about these B400's but ultimately I'm looking for IEM's with next-level clarity, which probably means I'm going to spend a lot more. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #686 of 1,463
I have no problems with patience

But this was an order for the B400 that was in stock not the batch 3 preorder and they confirmed that they wouldn’t be able to get it to me in time for Xmas.

If it was for me I’m quite happy to wait but it was a Xmas present for my farther and he doesn’t live in the UK so I only see him once a year
:c dang!

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #690 of 1,463
@razzer001 why you cannot make a cable without memory wier portions ,???
I do like the premium cables but that memory portions stop me to buying ,

I'm with @Ahmad313 - I always end up buying aftermarket or cutting the memory wires out as I just don't like them. Not having the option to do without is cutting off a market segment that would buy them more readily if that was an option.

We went for the preformed cable as the general feedback we got about over the ear earphones was that customers wanted preformed/memory formed wires or at the very least cable gliders to hold them better in place over the ear.

Just a FYI we do call our style preformed cable and not memory wire, memory wire tends to use a small piece of bendable metal to hold the desired shape, ours is preformed to the general shape of the backside of a ear. I personally don't like memory wire, i find them too rigid and i am always playing around with them as the bendable metal in the cable can change shape and loosen the fit if i am walking around a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back