Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Dec 1, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #646 of 1,463
My B400 arrived yesterday and these are a very good sounding pair of IEM's for their price and should definitely be considered in the sub $200 price bracket.

After a few hours with them these are my very early impression:

Highs:
Balanced sound
Great comfort
Very good isolation

Lows:
Finishing on the housing are far from premium.
I'd have wished for some double and/or triple flanges included since the stem is unusually thin.

Will share more impressions later but do far so good :)

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #647 of 1,463
Dec 1, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #648 of 1,463
Unless I'm mistaken B400 uses a 3d printer to make the shell. Does that mean going forward earphone shells can be modified using a 3d printer and maybe a custom stand for the earphone? The stand can suspend the earphone by the cable and allow the 3d printer to work around the earphone freely.

I wonder if custom molding impressions can be put into a 3d printer software.
Better yet an app to scan the ear and canal using iphone x face scanner and create an impression profile.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #651 of 1,463
Just something I´ve been wondering: do Shure tips fit the B400 nozzle perfectly?
Yes - you need to force a little the first time - but that is what I’m using

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #652 of 1,463
My B400 arrived yesterday and these are a very good sounding pair of IEM's for their price and should definitely be considered in the sub $200 price bracket.

Highs:
Balanced sound
Great comfort
Very good isolation

Lows:
I'd have wished for some double and/or triple flanges included since the stem is unusually thin.

Very nice! I preordered the B400 from the upcoming 3rd batch and the wait is killing me, lol. I'm glad you're happy with yours.

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #653 of 1,463

Highs:
Balanced sound
Great comfort
Very good isolation

Lows:

The INAIRS V3 are a great mix with the B200 and B150 which are equally thin. They really improved the sound of my B150, although i prefer the silicon provided with b200.

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #654 of 1,463
The INAIRS V3 are a great mix with the B200 and B150 which are equally thin. They really improved the sound of my B150, although i prefer the silicon provided with b200.
I'm curious what you may be comparing the b200 to, to classify them as thin sounding. The only BA based earphones I have that I can compare the B200 to is the klipsch x11 and x12 and the nuforce hem4 and primo8. Compared to my limited selections, the B200 sound full and warmer than my previously mentioned earphones. I also really enjoy the tennmak cello (single dynamic driver) and I would classify them as thinner sounding to me versus the B200. I normally hear earphones the same way as you have described previously, but I definitely hear the B200 differently.
Also just out of curiosity, what do you generally use as your main source?
I tried tip rolling with my B200's and found the small silicone sounded the best of all the different brands and sizes, which is funny to me. I generally need a medium or large tip to seal properly on most phones.

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #655 of 1,463
Thank you for the link - seems like I may get the UE900s which are on sale for 160 - the Primo8s are also on sale for 150... tough decision but the UEs will compliment my b400s and q-jays well I think.

Yeah...I went this route. Although I have several Brainwavz products, can't beat the value on the UE900S and have been wanting to upgrade from my Triple-Fi 10's. Besides, that'll allow the production kinks to be worked out on the B400's. Probably pick them up next spring/summer.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #656 of 1,463

Thanks for the suggestion but those seems to be foam tips, if so I don't like using them for several reasons: expensive, hard to insert, doesn't last long and doesn't feel very hygienic.

I'm looking for double or triple flanges since I usually prefer that with the design that the B400 has.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #657 of 1,463
I'm curious what you may be comparing the b200 to, to classify them as thin sounding. The only BA based earphones I have that I can compare the B200 to is the klipsch x11 and x12 and the nuforce hem4 and primo8. Compared to my limited selections, the B200 sound full and warmer than my previously mentioned earphones. I also really enjoy the tennmak cello (single dynamic driver) and I would classify them as thinner sounding to me versus the B200. I normally hear earphones the same way as you have described previously, but I definitely hear the B200 differently.
Also just out of curiosity, what do you generally use as your main source?
I tried tip rolling with my B200's and found the small silicone sounded the best of all the different brands and sizes, which is funny to me. I generally need a medium or large tip to seal properly on most phones.

I believe he's talking about the thin nozzles :wink:

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #658 of 1,463
Thanks for the suggestion but those seems to be foam tips, if so I don't like using them for several reasons: expensive, hard to insert, doesn't last long and doesn't feel very hygienic.

I'm looking for double or triple flanges since I usually prefer that with the design that the B400 has.
The SpinFit TwinBlade should take care of the Dual flange if you (or anyone) is in search for silicone dual flange universal eartips:
https://store.jaben.com/search?q=spinfit

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #659 of 1,463
I believe he's talking about the thin nozzles :wink:
Thanks Peter, that makes way more sense reading it from that perspective, lol. I thought he meant the foams were a good mix because of the thin tonality of the B200. That really had me scratching my head. Reading comprehension fail, ha.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #660 of 1,463

Users who are viewing this thread

Back