Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Nov 27, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #632 of 1,463
Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #633 of 1,463
Thank you for the link - seems like I may get the UE900s which are on sale for 160 - the Primo8s are also on sale for 150... tough decision but the UEs will compliment my b400s and q-jays well I think.
could you tell me where the UE900s are on sale? i’ve seen the sale referenced a couple places but none of the usual online vendors i’ve checked display that price.

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #634 of 1,463
Those QC issues are strange seeing as the first three models are so good? How does comfort compare to the first three? Off topic a bit... as far as i can see the first three look nigh on identical... what was the process of distinguishing them from one another as there are no names branded in them (unless I'm being stupid). I kept mistaking B150 and B200 and only knew by the different sound signatures

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #635 of 1,463
I ordered the stay frosty version of the b400 today. Is there a rough time frame as to when they begin to ship out? I wish I would've noticed that there was stock before I preordered, ugh. I would've gladly paid 30 more dollars to get them sent immediately.

Must admit, I did the exact same thing before opting for the BF deal. Maybe the savings got the better of me lol

Razzer, am I able to cancel my pre-order to buy the product at it's full price? if so, are there still enough in stock to justify the price just to get it quicker?

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #636 of 1,463
I've actually changed my mind on canceling the preorder and then ordering the in stock 2nd batch. I've been reading of to many people having shell issues etc, so I'm hoping that waiting for my ordered 3rd batch will yield better results. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #637 of 1,463
I've actually changed my mind on canceling the preorder and then ordering the in stock 2nd batch. I've been reading of to many people having shell issues etc, so I'm hoping that waiting for my ordered 3rd batch will yield better results. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
I recommend this too. I have to send mine back for fixing. I wont get it back 2 weeks due to shipping and them taking 1 week to fix it up.

Mine was from batch 2.

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #638 of 1,463
I recommend this too. I have to send mine back for fixing. I wont get it back 2 weeks due to shipping and them taking 1 week to fix it up.

Mine was from batch 2.

When i get the chance I'll read back and see how many others have had problems with QC to see if these are just one offs... then make my decision on whether to cancel the pre-order and order sooner from batch 2. Dilemma indeed cos i really want these sooner rather than later!!! Although maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy those Meze Classic 99s I've been thinking about for a long while :)

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #639 of 1,463
Fristly we are sorry for themicro gaps, but saying that the back gap is not really a qc issue, this is due to the 3d printing and it is something noted early on and also reviewers pointed this out in nearly every review of the frosty. It is a cosmetic blemish due to how the unit but does not affect the quality as the actual internal unit is sealed and the gaps are superficial.

We always were looking for a way to reduce these micro gaps and even with batch 2 we were able to reduce this on later produced ones, so I suspect even many of batch 2 won't see these gaps anylonger. With batch 3 this won't be a issue.

I certainly don't want people who purchased the B400 early on to feel like they were guinea pigs, so we will offer in mid Jan for any of those from batch 1 and 2 to send back their units to be rehoused. I do stress again this would only be to improve the cosmetic appearance, the performance and durability would be the same.

Our customer service team will be in touch with batch 1 and 2 bbuyers in Jan about this issue. This can't e done any sooner due to the busy Xmas season.

Apart from these noted superficial micro gaps, I am quite happy to say any other actual qc issues have been far and few.

I do expect our change in how we finish these products will stop the extraction from the overall true value of our B400.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #640 of 1,463
Fristly we are sorry for themicro gaps, but saying that the back gap is not really a qc issue, this is due to the 3d printing and it is something noted early on and also reviewers pointed this out in nearly every review of the frosty. It is a cosmetic blemish due to how the unit but does not affect the quality as the actual internal unit is sealed and the gaps are superficial.

We always were looking for a way to reduce these micro gaps and even with batch 2 we were able to reduce this on later produced ones, so I suspect even many of batch 2 won't see these gaps anylonger. With batch 3 this won't be a issue.

I certainly don't want people who purchased the B400 early on to feel like they were guinea pigs, so we will offer in mid Jan for any of those from batch 1 and 2 to send back their units to be rehoused. I do stress again this would only be to improve the cosmetic appearance, the performance and durability would be the same.

Our customer service team will be in touch with batch 1 and 2 bbuyers in Jan about this issue. This can't e done any sooner due to the busy Xmas season.

Apart from these noted superficial micro gaps, I am quite happy to say any other actual qc issues have been far and few.

I do expect our change in how we finish these products will stop the extraction from the overall true value of our B400.
Thank you for your response razzer001. I'm not so much worried about a gap that doesn't affect the sound quality, but rather the user or 2 that mentioned a bump that caused them ear soreness. I very much believe this is a rare issue and not the norm for the B400's. I am VERY, VERY excited to receive them and give them a listen. I hope the 2nd batch will sell quickly for you all and mine from the 3rd batch reaches my mailbox soon! Thank you for releasing such good sounding and durable products. Best wishes!

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #641 of 1,463

I definitely will wait for janurary to have them fixed. Thanks brainwavz!

I understand about back gap now. :frowning2: I didnt really read any reviews besides brookos.

But for sure thank you for offering to rehouse. I will wait until janurary for rehousing instead.

Thank you for going above and beyond for us who did have microgaps. I know not all of batch 2 suffered. But thanks for doing this for me and maybe a few others.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #642 of 1,463
20171129_104937.jpg

Anyone else had an issue with the lacquer rubbing off on the colored versions?

I've had my green rage version for a little over a month and it has received little to no use (been using it mostly for comparison purposes and use my other IEMs for my daily drivers). The other day, I used it for the very first time as my daily and half way through the day I noticed it was really sticky. Upon inspection, I noticed the discoloration right on the shell crease. Even with gentle handling with my fingernail or finger, I'm able to remove more and more of it. I could imagine with multiple days or weeks of use, a good portion of it would wear off the shell and could be quite messy to deal with.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #643 of 1,463
Anyone else had an issue with the lacquer rubbing off on the colored versions?

I've had my green rage version for a little over a month and it has received little to no use (been using it mostly for comparison purposes and use my other IEMs for my daily drivers). The other day, I used it for the very first time as my daily and half way through the day I noticed it was really sticky. Upon inspection, I noticed the discoloration right on the shell crease. Even with gentle handling with my fingernail or finger, I'm able to remove more and more of it. I could imagine with multiple days or weeks of use, a good portion of it would wear off the shell and could be quite messy to deal with.

Have a black pair... No peeling of the paint ..

But.. The paint is really thin in some places and I can see through into the interior. Along the seam it really is clear in a 1/16 " line. Like no paint was applied there... Not exactly looking high quality..

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #644 of 1,463
The b200 earphones took me by surprise. I got a good deal on them and thought, what the heck, why not try them. I barely can tell they are a dual balance armature design because the sound is so smooth and warm. Most b.a based earphones I've heard have a somewhat cold, and analytical sound, but not the b200's. They have good details all throughout the frequency ranges, but are extremely smooth and non fatiguing. Well done brainwavz. I also ordered the b400 quad driver earphones and am extremely excited to hear how the b200 could possibly be topped. Do your ears a favor and put some b200's in them.

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #645 of 1,463
The b200 earphones took me by surprise. I got a good deal on them and thought, what the heck, why not try them. I barely can tell they are a dual balance armature design because the sound is so smooth and warm. Most b.a based earphones I've heard have a somewhat cold, and analytical sound, but not the b200's. They have good details all throughout the frequency ranges, but are extremely smooth and non fatiguing. Well done brainwavz. I also ordered the b400 quad driver earphones and am extremely excited to hear how the b200 could possibly be topped. Do your ears a favor and put some b200's in them.

If you have the b200 v2 with the printed housing, I'd love some comparison pictures between the two when your b400 arrives. I find the b400 a little large for my ears and am interested in the b200v2 for longer sessions. If anyone else here is able to post side by side pics I'd very much appreciate it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back