Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Apr 27, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #1,217 of 1,463
I just picked up a Hugo v1 and it pairs insanely well with the B400. Loving it!!

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #1,218 of 1,463
I see that the B400 in Green Rage is back! :D

I decided not to pull the trigger yet although I really liked the demo. But I've recommended someone to get the B400 on Reddit so I've done my bit to share the good stuff that the B400 is.

@razzer001 is the B2 successor on the way? And if you still accept custom mixing of Left/Right colours for B400, does that affect your QC/volume matching process?

Cheers.

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #1,220 of 1,463
I received the B400 1 week ago, I am surprised with its sound, I had the B150 and have been overcome.
Relationship quality incredible price, its acute and serious I love them.
Totally according to your opinions.

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #1,221 of 1,463
Man, I've never had such a hard time getting a perfect seal before! Spiral Dots, Symbio, Auvio, Dunu tips all slide right off. Shure, Westone, and narrow SpinFits are too small, can't fit them on. The regular SpinFits and Sony Isolations won't seal. Having gone through my usual suspects, I bought some new tips. RHA dual density, UE white, and KZ Starlines. While the KZ were okay, they didn't seal well enough to preserve the sub-bass. Finally, I tried all my *shudder* generic tips, iBasso, TFZ, NuForce, Trinity, and MEE. Finally, I settled on MEE double flange tips.

Now, the sub-bass hits hard and they sound amazing! They were good before, but that missing piece has finally been added back in. Worth the effort, and I'm glad I didn't settle for the B+ sound with poorly fitting tips.

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #1,222 of 1,463
Man, I've never had such a hard time getting a perfect seal before! Spiral Dots, Symbio, Auvio, Dunu tips all slide right off. Shure, Westone, and narrow SpinFits are too small, can't fit them on. The regular SpinFits and Sony Isolations won't seal. Having gone through my usual suspects, I bought some new tips. RHA dual density, UE white, and KZ Starlines. While the KZ were okay, they didn't seal well enough to preserve the sub-bass. Finally, I tried all my *shudder* generic tips, iBasso, TFZ, NuForce, Trinity, and MEE. Finally, I settled on MEE double flange tips.

Now, the sub-bass hits hard and they sound amazing! They were good before, but that missing piece has finally been added back in. Worth the effort, and I'm glad I didn't settle for the B+ sound with poorly fitting tips.

The small bore spinfit does fit the B400, but they can be a bit difficult to get on. Use a bit of force on a gentle way :) And work on it!

I generally use the default black silicone tips and the small bore spinfit and does not have any problems with comfort or fit.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #1,223 of 1,463
Agree about the fit of tips being a bit of a pain... FYI, I measured and the nozzles are 4 to 4.5mm with the bump... So ordered some 4mm I.D. tips from AExpress... They seem to fit better. In Comply, that's the T200 series... But like the highs better with silicone tips.
I stopped trying to get the T100's (included with the B400s) because I was needing so much force. - 100% sure that Brainwavz included the wrong size.
I have gotten some large (OD), hybrid Sony copies from China to fit well. They are very stretch so able to fit without too much trouble. But think their smaller bore may be affecting the sound some... The Hybrid Sonys (The cheap ones, Without the foam) have worked well for me with many IEMs)
Note that the Nozzle diameter was said by mfr (in this thread) to have been different on the first production run, so be careful about looking for what "fits" well.... There may be some different nozzle sized B400's.

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #1,224 of 1,463
Agree about the fit of tips being a bit of a pain... FYI, I measured and the nozzles are 4 to 4.5mm with the bump... So ordered some 4mm I.D. tips from AExpress... They seem to fit better. In Comply, that's the T200 series... But like the highs better with silicone tips.
I stopped trying to get the T100's (included with the B400s) because I was needing so much force. - 100% sure that Brainwavz included the wrong size.
I have gotten some large (OD), hybrid Sony copies from China to fit well. They are very stretch so able to fit without too much trouble. But think their smaller bore may be affecting the sound some... The Hybrid Sonys (The cheap ones, Without the foam) have worked well for me with many IEMs)
Note that the Nozzle diameter was said by mfr (in this thread) to have been different on the first production run, so be careful about looking for what "fits" well.... There may be some different nozzle sized B400's.

That matches my measurements as well. I think the issue is the "bump" is just that: a little rounded bump, as opposed to a squared off shoulder. It doesn't do a whole lot to keep the tip in place. The MEE tips are stretchy and very rubbery, so they grip the nozzle well enough.

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #1,225 of 1,463
I have spoken with Brainwavz and they tell me that there are no comply tips for the B400.
Can you put the LINK of the MEE TIPS?

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #1,226 of 1,463
I have spoken with Brainwavz and they tell me that there are no comply tips for the B400.
Can you put the LINK of the MEE TIPS?

Here you go:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018A0UAYC/

These tips are virtually identical to the ones included with the Pinnacle P1, slightly different color is all.

The one in the middle of the line-up is the double flange I mentioned. It's got a fairly unique shape to it, kind of squared off on top with a nearly full-sized round second flange, but wide bore. The old brain ticklers (the triple flanges) are good too, but they seriously darken the sound.

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #1,227 of 1,463
Thanks!
And some Comply type foam tips?
It's possible?

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,228 of 1,463
Thanks!
It's possible?

I don't use Comply, but I have a bunch of them. I can check which ones fit later in the day.

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #1,229 of 1,463
I would greatly appreciate it.

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,230 of 1,463
Thanks!
It's possible?

The 200 series look to be this correct ID to fit the B400. Regardless of what Brainwavz says. The Comply basically go from smallest to largest ID as you go from the 100 to 200, to 300 to 400 series.... Clearly the T100's that BRAINWAVZ actually included with the B400's are too small.

HTB1A31iNFXXXXaYXXXXq6xXFXXXM.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back