Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Mar 4, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #1,067 of 1,463
Damn. The mmcx connector crapped out on mine. Guess we'll see what their customer service is like. Anyone else have loose connectors or mmcx failures?

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #1,068 of 1,463
Damn. The mmcx connector crapped out on mine. Guess we'll see what their customer service is like. Anyone else have loose connectors or mmcx failures?
Zero MMCX and/or connector looseness/failures in my experience.

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #1,071 of 1,463
Brainwavz had announced a few weeks ago that the B400 are available in Europe soon. Warranty is a problem if there is trouble with the headphone.
Very expensive shipping to Asia, long wait times for repair. only disadvantages.

Mar 4, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,072 of 1,463
Mar 4, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #1,074 of 1,463
The NP will give you a more pronounced sub-bass while the lower mids and fundamental range are a bit less warm/full compared to the B400. The NP's treble however definitely looks like what you're looking for.

ONP is such a strange beast to decide upon as reviews go from overly smooth treble to harsh/bight lol. In terms of detail retrieval would you say they are both similar? Detail is one of the B400s best qualities IMO.

Mar 4, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #1,075 of 1,463
Mar 5, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #1,076 of 1,463
ONP is such a strange beast to decide upon as reviews go from overly smooth treble to harsh/bight lol. In terms of detail retrieval would you say they are both similar? Detail is one of the B400s best qualities IMO.

Perceived details are also, apart from "real" details, always dependent on the in-ear's tuning to some degree. Separation, micro details, tightness etc. are about comparable with these two in-ears, maybe with a small advantage in favour of the NP. Due to the still different tuning, I'd say that you might perceive the B400's mids as a bit more detailed and separated, while the highs will appear more resolving and focused/separated.

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #1,077 of 1,463
YES
The mmcx connector on the right piece is extremely loose and would cause the sound to die off when I move my head to certain angels. I have a temporary fix of slipping a small piece of paper tissue between the cable and the connector. Please let me know how customer service turns out.

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #1,078 of 1,463
YES
The mmcx connector on the right piece is extremely loose and would cause the sound to die off when I move my head to certain angels. I have a temporary fix of slipping a small piece of paper tissue between the cable and the connector. Please let me know how customer service turns out.

I have experienced this too with the upgrade ONYX cable and other issues with cable with control and mic.

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #1,079 of 1,463
@Brainwavz

Why is the b400 not offered for sale in Europe? This is very sad!

Brainwavz had announced a few weeks ago that the B400 are available in Europe soon. Warranty is a problem if there is trouble with the headphone.
Very expensive shipping to Asia, long wait times for repair. only disadvantages.

There should be stock now at Amazon.co,uk with shipping to EU member states. As for warranty, it would need to be sent back to us in Hong Kong.

YES

Not sure if the two are the same, however @three0s issue is somewhat a general issue people find with MMCX connectors, due to tolerance levels you can find some cables are looser, but even with another piece of the same model cable you could get a tight fit. I would recommend try the different cables provide and even swapping left and right to see if there are differences, usually over time MMCX connectors wear in and these issues sort themselves out.

With @phthora has there been breakage in the actual connector? You can PM or contact help@yourbrainwavz.com for direct help (if you PM me please include your order number).

Mar 6, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #1,080 of 1,463
YES

With MMCX can try cleaning with electronics cleaner/corrosion inhibitor ( specifically something nonconductive plastic safe like Deoxit) someties oxidation keeps connector from making full/consistent contact, with similar symptoms to a poorly fit connector.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back