Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
May 29, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #31 of 1,463
I got to try both demo units of the B300 at the 2nd day of the meet, and at least for that short listening session I couldn't hear any difference between the two. My take was the B300 was more neutral than the slightly darker learning B400, but as recent commentators have mentioned this could also have to do with eartips.

I would also like to mention how great the build quality is and how EXTREMELY comfortable they are to me, even just the demo unit! These universal fit IEMs fit my ears like a glove and seem to have a perfect seal, even though I have an ear-shape that doesn't agree with most IEMs. These IEMs use tips with the smaller diameter nozzle and the ones on mine were medium black silicone or rubber tips which fit / sealed perfectly. Though after trying almost a dozen tips from previous IEMs (including Spinfit), I settled on a medium size rubber pair of the double-flange type that seemed to up the impact and overall resolution for me.

May 29, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #32 of 1,463
Which Knowles drivers are in the B300 and B400?

May 31, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #33 of 1,463
Hello All,
It's been much too long since I have posted an update. But to make up for my absence, I have some juicy images that I need your collective feedback on.
As mention before we at Brainwavz have been busy re-designing the B300 & B400 housing and now I have images of the colour study for the new design.
Please feel free to post your thoughts on the colours. As well any colours you would like to see.

Thanks in Advance :beyersmile:

CX-EP022v4.00-LookDev02.00-Shot01.04.jpg
CX-EP022v4.00-LookDev04.00-Shot01.00.jpg
CX-EP022v4.00-LookDev05.00-Shot01.00.jpg
CX-EP022v4.00-LookDev08.00-Shot01.00.jpg
CX-EP022v4.00-LookDev10.00-Shot01.00.jpg

May 31, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #34 of 1,463
Hello All,
It's been much too long since I have posted an update. But to make up for my absence, I have some juicy images that I need your collective feedback on.
As mention before we at Brainwavz have been busy re-designing the B300 & B400 housing and now I have images of the colour study for the new design.
Please feel free to post your thoughts on the colours. As well any colours you would like to see.

Thanks in Advance :beyersmile:

Beautiful! Just beautiful!

I'd personally really like to see a "green Kryptonite" shell colour, as well as white shells.

I really like the red "B400" labeling on the black/charcoal shells.

I personally don't really like the silver and especially tan colour out of the renderings you provided, and think that a somewhat brighter red would look even better. Also, I think that a metallic finish would make the in-ears look even nicer.

Are the shells made of metal? If not, I think that another option that would look nice are transparent or semi-transparent clear or smoke black inner surfaces.

That's of course just criticism and suggestions on a high level - overall, I am really digging the design. :thumbsup:

May 31, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #36 of 1,463
Black works well in just about any situation and is in my opinion the "safest" color to go to with. Tough to pick just a couple, maybe make them all or make a few different colors in the safer colors like black, blue and red. Pretty much up to you/the company to choose "safe" with possibly conventional colors or "riskier" with possibly unconventional colors. Or maybe a bit of both.

Personally, I like the gold color if it's done well. One of my favorite gold items currently is my Canadian custom mouthguard, that features a golden grill built in the molding!

May 31, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #37 of 1,463
We need a R/red and L/blue but brighter than the latest pictured above and what I have on the Omega. Those darker, more subdued red and blue are too safe and just don't pop which is why they are more "meh" :) We want more vivid, more alive and not soft and subdued!

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #39 of 1,463
The shells look beautiful but of course will need to see what they look like in real life. I'm especially liking the blue ones. Please tell me the jacks won't be as beefy as most Brainwavz, as they are always too big for most cases, or at least give them a little neck so they are easier to fit.

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #40 of 1,463
I like the Black exactly as they are in that pic! I like the "B400" in red...maybe do the "B400" on the left side in blue? Like has been said, the red version is just not the 'correct' red. For sure a metallic red, I would personally be a bigger fan of a deeper/darker red rather than a bright red. Silver is usually a good choice too, but the "B400" needs to be a different color like the black version.The gold isn't bad, not my usual go-to, but I wouldn't not buy it if it was the only color available (that make sense?). Overall very, very nice looking iems!!

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #44 of 1,463
Jul 25, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #45 of 1,463
Release date please? :ksc75smile:

:)

We haven't updated in awhile as things have slightly changed on how we are going to produce these two models. Although we would have loved to have continued to pursue making the housings in metal via CNC the shape and structure pretty much ruled out any cost effective CNC option. Even going the route of metal injection mold the cost was just prohibitive and there was no guarantee we would get the results we wanted.

We were about to go back to the drawing board and go for a more traditional, easier CNC machined design, when we choose instead to invest in very high resolution 3D printer, machines which can churn out prints that are 1:1 like anything made in a plastic injection mold, expect they are able to make our intricate shapes and and less restriction in design (nor imagination).

Although the 3D printing option was new, the idea that we would make these two models in house rather than use a contract manufacturer is still staying true. Our new workshop is kitted out and running, these two models and many to come in the future will be made in house, this allows us to control the quality far, far better.

The two models will also predominantly be made from components sourced and made in the US or EU, with the exception of the packaging, case and silicone tips coming from our current contract manufacturers in China.

We're about 90% ready to start moving forward with small batch production, i am pretty hopeful we can get the first units to the hands of head-fiers by the end of August.

Any new Can Jam London impressions?

Unfortunately we did not participate this year as we were busy getting the new workshop up and running and progressing with the development of these two products. If it had been in August as it was last year i may have tried to get a last minute booth.

There will not be, because Brainwavz Audio did not attend CanJam London this year.

We'll be there next year :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back