1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. harpo1
    Any impressions on the stock cables? Not sound like Brooko I hear no difference in sound between different cables. I'm looking more for fit and finish.

2. TSFHfan
    Hi, any idea how the B400 compares to other highly rated hybrid iems such as the FLC 8s? How does the clarity, details and bass impact compare? Also, i have small ears that fit the shure 215 poorly(hence why i adore the flc 8s's tiny body). how does the b400's body compare to the shure 215 body? is it larger or smaller? thanks.

Also, the B400 doesn't seem to be on the Hong Kong direct store yet. When will it be? Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  3. ahmonge
    Great review, Brooko. Thanks for sharing it with us!

I wonder how it compares to Mee Audio P1, which I currently own. I think some Headfiers would be interested too.

leobigfield likes this.
  4. Brooko Contributor
    Just heading to work. When i get home tonight I'll have a look at the B400 vs both P1 and FLC8S (I have both)

leobigfield and stenog like this.
  5. Ahmad313
    Please just check the Brooko's full detailed review ,

6. davidcotton
    On the subject of tips, I wonder if the Westone star tips/foam tips would fit the b400? Their large orange one's might be big enough to help you with fit!

Quick question for Brainwavz here. Was just wondering how long it would take to get to the uk delivery wise depending on options used?
    Thanks

7. Ahmad313
    @Brooko may i ask you a question ,
    Besides the detachable cable what is the sonic difference between the EN700 pro and EN700 and EN700 bass ,

8. Brooko Contributor
    I don’t have the EN700 or EN700 Bass - so I can’t tell you unfortunately

Ahmad313 likes this.
  9. dweaver
    The stock cables are excellent! They feel very nice in hand, the connectors are very nice and they have good strain relief. I generally prefer a cable with phone capabilities but the stock cable is so good I might just use it and live without mic and buttons. I have no balanced sources to try the stock balanced cable but it looks like it is equally well made but does have a straight plug versus angled and slightly different MMCX connectors.

I used my XBA Z5 balanced cable and hooked the B400 up to my Pono and that combo sounded very good with the typical added space and imaging brought I find when going balanced. The Pono is an excellent match withe B400 as they have good synergy in my opinion.

Most of my listening so far has been from my LG V20 phone and the B400 sounds excellent from that source as well. The V20 is slighyly more aggressive sounding in comparison to the Pono which I find to be slightly smoother and relaxed in nature.

10. teainhaler
    Nice review Brooko.

I ordered my pair immediately after they were made available, and I've had a few days with them. I can confirm they are quite intimate but with very good headstage. I'm very impressed for the price bracket.

The comfort and isolation is OUTSTANDING (with the right tips). In terms of tips, I find the highly isolating comply t-100 work best for my ears. I've tried the Shure triple flanges and they change the sound significantly (for the worse).

11. Brooko Contributor
    Yeah - not a fan of the triples myself. The Olives though - brilliant :)

12. harpo1
    Perfect. Thank you.

By the way I have a Pono and V20 so I look forward to trying these on both sources.

13. dweaver
    out of foam tips I love Olives the most but I won't be forcing a pair onto these. I will see of I have a pair I stretched but otherwise I won't risk hurting the stem.

14. Brooko Contributor
    Natural fit dweaver - no stretching required.

15. dweaver
    I must have old ones or something because the ones I have are to small.

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last