Brainwavz Alara World Wide Tour Sign Up
Dec 27, 2018 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
I'm happy to announce an official world wide Head Fi Review tour for the Alara!

e2fc469ef825666ea71b6071324cf3c4a5975255.jpeg

We would like to have 3 separate tours based on region.
That means we will have 1 ALARA touring each of the following regions at the same time. That is 1 Alara per region.

- Continental United States
- EU Countries included the UK and Ireland
- The rest of the World, excluding the USA and EU.

We would like 5 reviewers per regions.

Each reviewer will have 10 days to review and post their impressions before sending the unit back to us to be cleaned up for the next reviewer.

That is very important. We will send out the unit to the reviewer and when the reviewer is finished they are to send it back to us. We will then clean it up and send it to the next reviewer. This is to make sure each reviewer gets the best experience with the ALARA.

SHIPPING COSTS
For the USA and EU regions, we will pay all shipping costs. For the rest of the world, we will pay the shipping to the reviewer but to return the unit to us we will only pay the shipping for where FedEx is available. Meaning that If FedEx is not available in their area the reviewer will need to ship the unit back to us at their own cost.

So what I will be asking is that each interested reviewer please list;
  • your name,
  • your location
  • and list any previous reviews you have done
Additionally I am also looking for assistance in organizing and managing the the "non EU and US" area's so if your able and feel your qualified to do this please PM me directly.

Sign ups for this will run Sunday January 6th and on the 7th we will announce the reviewers and tour order!

For now here are some more details about the Alara!

b3c34bf528d249480ecf0e80811fed2ddf62f869.jpeg

Dec 27, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 28
I am interested. But if there's others who want to line up for it, then I can surrender a position as well, as I have a backlog of stuff to get to.

Dec 28, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 28
I'm interested for sure, being the Planar junkie that I am. PM inbound.

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 28
These look quite interesting. If available, I'd like to participate.

Previous reviews with all applicable written reviews linked in the description.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #7 of 28
I wouldn't mind reviewing these. I own HE400i and have reviewed Edition X so have some experience with Planar technology.

Jan 6, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #8 of 28
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 28
Come one, everybody!

The European Tour is still open, this is a really interestring midrange Open-back Planar Headphone! :)

Also, made by Brainwavz, the company making all those earpads people recommend using on other headphones because they are better than most stock pads!

EDIT: I just noticed, but this tour has the shipping sponsored by Brainwavz as well! This means that there's no cost in being part of it, if FexEX is available in your area!!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #10 of 28
That said @Dobrescu George and I will be co managing this tour! For those of your interested please continue to PM me links to any reviews you've done previously in addition to answering the other inquires I've asked for, but once the tour starts @Dobrescu George will be communicating with you guys directly to make sure everything in the EU proceeds smoothly!

Also @Brooko good to see your thoughts on it! Thank you

Jan 15, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #11 of 28
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #12 of 28
I'm in too!

I have a pretty cool "best open back headphones under $500" theme figured out. I will be comparing alara to iBasso sr1, sennheiser hd650/hd700, shure srh1540, Grado rs2i, hifiman he400/400i/560, ollo S4, onkyo a800 and audioquest Nighthawk carbon. I might also include jvc hp-dx700. It is good enough to be included enough even though it is closed back headphone.

I will use hd800 as a reference if one of the mentioned possibility performs closer to a $1000 headphone than one at $300-500.

For desktop setup it will be Hegel hd10-spl phonitor and for portable chord mojo. Modi-vali stack might make a guest appearence too.

Also I will measure the headphones with mini dsp EARS.

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #13 of 28
Good stuff! That's 5 people on the US tour already, I'll be PMing you guys shortly and we need another 3 for the EU as well as 5 for Asia/Australasia region

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #15 of 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back