Braided Replacement Cable Bose QC25 2.5mm/3.5mm
Mar 23, 2015 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

scottfillmer

New Head-Fier
I am sure this has been covered somewhere, somehow, but I can't find a solid answer anywhere... any info would be great.

Ever since I picked up the Bose QC25's late last year I've been trying to find a nice replacement cable, preferably a nice braided cable with the inline mic but if I can find one without it I'll take that too at this point.

The cable, thank goodness is not a Bose proprietary cable on either end, it's just a straight 2.5mm into the cans and 3.5mm standard headphone in on the other end. Each end is a 3 band plug, the third being used for the volume up/down/mute and song advance.

Thanks for any options anyone might have with this. SF

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Well that didn't really answer my question but thanks anyway, I've already bought them and with a very noisy neighbor I do happen to like them. I wanted a braided cable (I should say, a nylon braided outer casing) for the simple purpose of having a nice cable that won't tangle up, has nothing to do with sound quality or anything like that. Thanks again. SF

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 5
Just in case someone else had the same question or was trying to find a 2.5mm/3.5mm replacement cable my Sennheiser 598's actually used the same cable. The only difference was a twisting cable lock the 598's use, but they fit perfectly in the QC25 headset, so I'm guessing any replacement cable for he 598's should work.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for pointing out 598. I have QC25 and actually looking for a) a very short cable 2.5mm -> 3.5mm so I can have a BT receiver or b) an adapter that stays plugged in headphones so I can use a normal cable with BT.

So far my search is fruitless minus an adapter i ordered which I plan to sand down. I will included 598 in search now to see what I find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back