Brady or Manning?
Nov 22, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 26
Brady is the MAN is every sense of the word. He took a team of thugs and not only made them winners, but helped turn them into role models.

I grew up in NE and the Pats were not only terrible but half of them couldn't stay out of jail.

As for Manning, is their a product he won't endorse? I just find both the Manning brothers incredibly corny.

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 26
It's 10-9 Manning at the time of this post. I'm not surprised and haven't even voted myself. Take a one game situation. With all else equal, I would be even more torn. If one is to compare careers, you have to lean toward Brady and the rings right? Or maybe the MVP award is more important. Manning has three to Brady's one.

Peyton certainately has more of a command in the Colts' scheme, but I never have been one to think Brady wasn't as capable. He will make plenty of checks at the line, and just happens to play for a more micro managing coach. Tom does throw a better ball. However, most would give Peyton the arm strength edge and on and on...

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 26
You gotta give Brady a point for his story. Manning came in with these expectations (which can be hard as well), but nobody ever really expected anything from Brady (he was drafted as a second string QB with no hype). That game where he replaced Bledsoe is legendary. And despite a few setbacks he never really looked back.

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #10 of 26
Merlin, for the win!

fantasy-football-t-shirt3.jpg

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 26
Manning is technically better and he runs his own offence by calling his own plays.
But Brady has won more of his big games and has the rings to prove it. So I voted Brady. Sometimes you just can't measure what makes a player great.

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You gotta give Brady a point for his story. Manning came in with these expectations (which can be hard as well), but nobody ever really expected anything from Brady (he was drafted as a second string QB with no hype). That game where he replaced Bledsoe is legendary. And despite a few setbacks he never really looked back.

X2

and even going back to College he was the guy that was underestimated. My vote goes to Brady.

Nov 24, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #15 of 26
Why is it the Jets fans always calling out Belichick after they got wiped? Sour grapes that he didn't stay there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back