BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #961 of 1,701
KB1 is their V shaped bass thumping IEM. Bright treble, boosted bass, good vocals both male and female. Mids definitely recessed but not too bad IMO.
Don't have KB100, but from what I understand its more or less a smooth balanced IEM. I have always imagined it as a CCA C10 PRO, which is why I have always been interested in it.

Compared to c10, kb100 have more forwarded mids, and with more details. Soundstage and imaging also better than C10. They have same a little midbass bleed, but overall kb100 is more mature and smoother. For me, KB100 > C10 no contest. And they built like a tank too!

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #963 of 1,701
Is kb100 sibilant like c10?

hmm. Well we must have very different ears. Because I don’t hear any sibilants in the C10’s.
Or in the KB100’s. But I’m 48. So maybe I’ve lost some of my high frequency hearing.
If you’re young you might hear sibilants but I don’t hear any.
I actually like both of those very much. They’re both in my top 5.
Also I like EQing my IEMs. Maybe you listen to your IEMs flat?

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #964 of 1,701
Is kb100 sibilant like c10?

c10 isnt sibilant actually, you may perceive shouty or harshness, typical previous KZ / CAA they sounded harsh.

but you dont have to worry with KB100, trebles are buttery smooth, never get sibilant at all

Jan 13, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #966 of 1,701
C10 treble is rolled off after 4k. Sibilance happens between 5-8k. It might be the recording/s or your tips or depth of insertion have moved the 4k peak. Try dropping 4-5k a small bit and see if it disappears. You also might be uber sensitive to that certain area. Your ear anatomy might amplify that area a bit. :shrug:

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #967 of 1,701
Ah, Crinacle added a measurement of the Spring 1. Handy for making comparisons.

upload_2020-1-13_16-17-22.png

Jan 13, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #968 of 1,701
Ah, Crinacle added a measurement of the Spring 1. Handy for making comparisons.

yeah I saw that the other day,pretty much what i heard from Spring 1, even though that 8khz isnt that scary that it looks.

Jan 25, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #970 of 1,701
Are they good to replace shuoer tape ?
Especially about details, separation and sound stage.
Never tried tape before , but from what i gather from the forum , Tape have shouty vocal , Spring 1 doesn't have this i bet, because to my ear the vocal on spring 1 positioned correctly and have that "air" separation/soundstage ,I mostly hear post-rock , post-metal music , and oh boy separation on this is superb for me (since i only have ikko oh1 and blon bl03 to compare) ,The bass is average on this set, and the treble+ detail is the star of the show.

Take this opinion with grain of salt

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #973 of 1,701
Thx kukkurovaca it's looks like they differ much. I have ordered tri i3. Hope they are good as they describe. :)
IMO the TRI I3 is the best of the three on technicalities and tuning. Give them a good burn in before you form firm opinions.

The spring 1 is, to be honest, horribly tuned OOTB but capable of very good things with EQ. The tape is tuned interestingly but has the old school chifi peakiness and the bass is tuned very tightly and punchy (lacks rumble). I don't think it is anything special and I'd rank it last of the three.

Both the tape and I3 have subpar mmcx connectors too though.

Overall, I think the I3 is the clear winner of the bunch with the tape and spring 1 being a step below in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back