BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #931 of 1,701
EQ is often easier and more specific/accurate/convenient than tape modding.

I have resisted this in the past as it seemed too fiddly; I wanted the physical hardware to do all the heavy lifting, so to speak. My recent foray into Chi-Fi has shown me that it is now sometimes necessary :thinking:

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #933 of 1,701
I have resisted this in the past as it seemed too fiddly; I wanted the physical hardware to do all the heavy lifting, so to speak. My recent foray into Chi-Fi has shown me that it is now sometimes necessary :thinking:

One of the nice things now is that there are drop-in solutions for EQ at the DAC/amp level, like the Radsone ES100. This helps reduce the fiddliness by making the EQ settings portable between computers and phones.

Jan 6, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #934 of 1,701
Jan 6, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #935 of 1,701
Jan 6, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #936 of 1,701
Spring 1 would have been fantastic iem minus the sibilance. But competition is too strong up to 200 mark.

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #937 of 1,701
Does anyone here know how monoprice and bqeyz are related, I know this was mentioned in another thread?

Looking at monoprices in ear offerings, it seems clear many are the same as the available bqeyz models, at least based on appearance and setup.

The bq3 appears the same as the monoprice quintet, the kb100=monoprice trio, kc2= quartet, and so on, but monoprice has some other interesting offerings like the mp80 and M350 which don't appear to be copies of bqeyz....

Jan 7, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #938 of 1,701
Does anyone here know how monoprice and bqeyz are related, I know this was mentioned in another thread?

Looking at monoprices in ear offerings, it seems clear many are the same as the available bqeyz models, at least based on appearance and setup.

The bq3 appears the same as the monoprice quintet, the kb100=monoprice trio, kc2= quartet, and so on, but monoprice has some other interesting offerings like the mp80 and M350 which don't appear to be copies of bqeyz....

Monoprice doesn't make products itself, they have things contract-manufactured by other companies and then branded by Monoprice under their private label (so I wouldn't call what Monoprice sells as copies). I believe I was the first person who pointed out that three of BQEYZ's earphones are currently selling under the Monoprice brand. I don't think Monoprice typically discloses who their OEMs are, so these connections are informal inference on the public's part. The big difference when you buy something from Monoprice vs. say AliExpress (besides the faster shipping within the US) is Monoprice's support of the sale, since they offer a money-back guarantee, service/replace the item if there's a problem, which for people the US is a good value-add.

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #939 of 1,701
Monoprice doesn't make products itself, they have things contract-manufactured by other companies and then branded by Monoprice under their private label (so I wouldn't call what Monoprice sells as copies). I believe I was the first person who pointed out that three of BQEYZ's earphones are currently selling under the Monoprice brand. I don't think Monoprice typically discloses who their OEMs are, so these connections are informal inference on the public's part. The big difference when you buy something from Monoprice vs. say AliExpress (besides the faster shipping within the US) is Monoprice's support of the sale, since they offer a money-back guarantee, service/replace the item if there's a problem, which for people the US is a good value-add.
Thanks. That makes sense now. I guess I never really knew exactly what their business model is, but obviously bqeyz is making those three models for them. I actually really like that business model for chifi gear versus something like massdrop. Their price for the bq3 equivalent is a bit high, but the others are competitive enough it'd be worth it to buy the monoprice branded version in the US.

I wonder if the tuning is any different or if it's straight up identical....

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #940 of 1,701
I guess I never really knew exactly what their business model is, but obviously bqeyz is making those three models for them. I actually really like that business model for chifi gear versus something like massdrop. Their price for the bq3 equivalent is a bit high, but the others are competitive enough it'd be worth it to buy the monoprice branded version in the US.

I wonder if the tuning is any different or if it's straight up identical....
I've found Bqeyz selling earphones on Walmart's website. So even though I think they are a small company and your mentioning they are oeming their products for others. It's quite possible they are going to get super big as they are very smart and are the best Chifi company as far as I know, for now.

I'm curious as you are, if they are changing the sound in their oems.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #941 of 1,701
Got my Spring 1 2 days ago , I'm new at this hobby and only have Ikko oh1, & blon bl03 to compare

Comparing them to spring 1:
Lows : Oh1> bl03 > spring 1
Mids : Spring 1 > Oh1 > bl03
Highs: Spring 1 > bl03> Oh1
The detail on this set is on another level when comparing it to my few collection

Have a good Instrument separation &
This Can handle busy track pretty well

Comfort? it is hard to beat OH1 on fit&comfort department same as noise isolation.

I loveee this set even more after playing with eq to remove the wooly bass like someone said in this thread

Haven't tried the grill mod.

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #942 of 1,701
In my opinion, the KB100’s that I have are great.
They are in my top 5 for sure.
Along with the CCA C10 and the KZ ZSX,
Very nice sound. Good all round IEM.
I just ordered the BQ3s’. I hope they are as good.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #943 of 1,701
You will like them, I'm sure

Jan 9, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #944 of 1,701

If they fit you comfortably and you like some strong low end, you will love them. Don't sleep on KC2 either. My favorite BQEYZ of the bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back