BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 11, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #691 of 1,701
I thought I remember reading here the Spring 1 has a longer nozzle? So what tip do you use with your BQ3?

Is the bluetooth any good and is it available separately?
Kz starlines with the bq3 and kz whirlwind widebores with the spring 1.

The tip is quite long on the spring 1, which is why the normal starlines aren't the best choice.

Trying to upload a picture. Bq3 on left, spring 1 on right.

15708209244925620487768954230791.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #692 of 1,701
Kz starlines with the bq3 and kz whirlwind widebores with the spring 1.

The tip is quite long on the spring 1, which is why the normal starlines aren't the best choice.

Trying to upload a picture. Bq3 on left, spring 1 on right.

I see there is a lip or notch on the Spring 1 nozzle, that at least ought to help with ear tips slipping off; in contrast to the ridiculously short and slippery nozzle on the BQ3.

I think the Spiral Dot have worked so far because there's something in the inner part of the tip's tube that catches on the BQ3 nozzle, I can feel it "catching" when I put the ear tip onto the BQ3.

Are these the KZ Starline you have? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32724406344.html

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #693 of 1,701
I see there is a lip or notch on the Spring 1 nozzle, that at least ought to help with ear tips slipping off; in contrast to the ridiculously short and slippery nozzle on the BQ3.

I think the Spiral Dot have worked so far because there's something in the inner part of the tip's tube that catches on the BQ3 nozzle, I can feel it "catching" when I put the ear tip onto the BQ3.

Are these the KZ Starline you have? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32724406344.html

Tying some dental floss on the tips will keep them from sliding off :)

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #694 of 1,701

Yes, those are it. There's supposedly a seller on eBay who sells 15 pairs (small or large) for a dollar....

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #696 of 1,701
Haha I remember your suggestion. You're suggesting to put the eartips onto the earphones and then use dental floss to tighten the grip? I tried it but I couldn't tie the tip. :triportsad:

Yes, but you just tie the floss on the core

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #698 of 1,701
Tie the dental floss to the nozzle first, then put on the eartip?

No, you put the tip on, then flip the outside of the tip up and out of the way, then you tie dental floss around the core (which makes it tight against the nozzle). Then you flip the outside of the tip back down so it can be used.

The dental floss keeps the tip from sliding off the nozzle.

If you’re still confused, I can post a photo so it makes sense.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #699 of 1,701
Im done with 100 hours burning of the Spring 1, and did try tips rolling. My previous method to push down the eartips until past the IEM nozzle edge doesn't sounds great anymore due (maybe) tighten DD driver which resulting in less bassy now, I put the spiral dot back in normal position and getting bass now, but the mid bass sound a bit bloated and lifeless on highs. I hate this, until I keep tips rolling from my collection, open even my 3rd box where all the seldom used tips sit there forever, and I found 1 eartips, I dont know what its name, I dont know where did I buy that or come with what IEM. They are a wide bore eartips, with soft silicones, not firm, softer than spiral dots, but of course dont have dots on inner side, but have very short nozzle neck, they sit very nice on SPring 1 nozzle and OH MY GOD!!!!!
Lower end extension that dig down deep, without bloated mid bass, low end that sounds tighter, very very great mids very clear very very details (1 of the best mids I've ever heard), great proportion of thickness, clarity, details, lively highs with a lot of details and veryyyy airy wide soundstagee.
If you have BLON BL-03 too, this is like the mature, better version of it. Similar tuning with just a little bit of exception with much better details, more clarity, wider soundstage, better separation, etc.
Eartips really is the key, just like BLON too.

Actually the stock eartips will do good maybe, the reference one, be sure you burn the DD past 100 hours just I have big ear canals so the largers stock tips still too small for me.

the Key to the Spring 1 eartips : wide bore, short nozzle so it won't overlap the iem nozzle edge much (to avoid too much resonance that will cause bloated mid bass), and good seal (to get the sub bass). Dont give up with eartips rolling, my fave spiral dots made Spring 1 sounds dull and lifeless.

I'll post the eartips later, I might do a full review for this. crazy crazy good IEM.

note that they required more power too, and they are shining on higher volumes.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #700 of 1,701
I agree that Spring 1 respond well, even too eagerly if you think about it, with tip rolling, cable rolling, and mods.

So far I haven't done setting up with this pair yet, but Spring 1 is already better than KXXS (much more detailed), CCA C16 (much more detailed, better soundstage), NiceHCK NX7 nozzle foam mod (better soundstage, equal bass, better mid, equal treble), BGVP DM6 (much more detailed and better soundstage)

Spring 1 is equal to UiiSii BA-T9 with foam tips (equal bass, better mid, equal treble, slightly less wide soundstage), IE 40 Pro with aftermarket cable (better bass, equal mid, slightly less extended treble, much better build quality and stock cable)

And no, Blon BL-03, Semkarch CNT-1, TRN V90 cannot touch Spring 1. People may be impressed by the tonality of BL-03, the bass and treble of CNT-1 (especially with LZ A6's red filters), and the technical performance of V90, but these three are very good only when compared to $50-100 offerings from early 2019. Spring 1 trumps all of them.

But LZ A6 and Audiosense T800 are better. Better bass, better treble, more detail, better separation. Mid is a toss up.

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #701 of 1,701
The BQ3's nozzle is so difficult for tips to stay on! I finally settled on the JVC Spiral Dot only because it stays on instead of coming off in my ear, but have compromised clarity :frowning2:

I finally settled on the Havi B3 Pro tips with the BQ3... amazing combo. Really digs deep in to that low end and gives it some oomph. Warms up the sound too. Unfortunatekly it's a tip you'll not find online.. unless you buy the HAvi for them :). Also, this doesn't lose clarity believe it or not

IMG_20191013_224759.jpg IMG_20191013_224808.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #702 of 1,701
No, you put the tip on, then flip the outside of the tip up and out of the way, then you tie dental floss around the core (which makes it tight against the nozzle). Then you flip the outside of the tip back down so it can be used.

The dental floss keeps the tip from sliding off the nozzle.

If you’re still confused, I can post a photo so it makes sense.

I think I got it this time. Put the ear tip on first, then tie the dental floss around it to tighten. Thank you for the detailed help!

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #704 of 1,701
So, I have about 150 hours on my spring 1 and it has mellowed out a lot.

This is a very relaxed listen. In no way does this attack your ears. You could definitely listen to this all day at high volume. The way it's dampened leads me to see it similar to indirect lighting. You can get it really loud without it sounding aggressive.

Granted, some people won't like this because it sounds a bit spaced out. Imagine sitting in the audience of a concert about 5 rows back from the stage, but directly in front of you is a 6 foot wide wall blocking all of the direct sound from the stage....

I'm sure some people will describe it as sounding veiled, the so called listening to someone behind a blanket sound....

I really like it. It is a unique listen that I'm glad to have in my collection.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #705 of 1,701
So, I have about 150 hours on my spring 1 and it has mellowed out a lot.

This is a very relaxed listen. In no way does this attack your ears. You could definitely listen to this all day at high volume. The way it's dampened leads me to see it similar to indirect lighting. You can get it really loud without it sounding aggressive.

Granted, some people won't like this because it sounds a bit spaced out. Imagine sitting in the audience of a concert about 5 rows back from the stage, but directly in front of you is a 6 foot wide wall blocking all of the direct sound from the stage....

I'm sure some people will describe it as sounding veiled, the so called listening to someone behind a blanket sound....

I really like it. It is a unique listen that I'm glad to have in my collection.

How does it compare to the BLON BL-03 in terms of tonality and timbre?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back