BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 9, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #661 of 1,701
Oct 9, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #663 of 1,701
After wasting hundreds of $'s on KZ's I will no longer support the non-smooth metallic sounding brand.

I don't need a 100 iems like some Headfi members.

My go-to iem right now is the KB100. What a gem.
I thought it would also be my traveling earphones, but their isolation was not sufficient. Maybe the BQEYZ models play so well precisely because they're more sound-permeable.(?)

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #665 of 1,701
Oct 9, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #666 of 1,701
That’s a unique thing that BQEYZ does. I’ve never seen it on other BAs.

It acts as a damper, with the intent of it cutting down on any harshness and/or sharp peaks.

I feel it’s one of the primary reasons why most BQEYZ sound as good as they do.

By ‘the sound changed a lot’, can you describe what changed? And was it for the better?

Taking these dampers out was just an experiment, and I had to put them back immediately, the sound changed too much but not better.
So far my tinkering has made the Spring1 get very close in detail to LZ A6 and Audiosense T800, with the warmth that the other two lack.

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #667 of 1,701
Taking these dampers out was just an experiment, and I had to put them back immediately, the sound changed too much but not better.
So far my tinkering has made the Spring1 get very close in detail to LZ A6 and Audiosense T800, with the warmth that the other two lack.

How would u rate the Spring 1 in terms of details, soundstage and timbre compared to your other IEMs?
(This is in stock form without mods). TIA!

Oct 9, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #670 of 1,701
I have the KB1 and find its isolation suitable. I would figure the KB100 would be same-ish. Its not? Maybe the boom boom bass of the KB1 helps drown out outside noises?
Im still thinking of picking up a kb100 in hopes it will be the Mother of all Genres IEM. Im just really worried its too laidback. This Kanas I just got is sooooo boring. Very smooth and laidback. Like I am at the back table of a swanky suit and tie Jazz club.

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #671 of 1,701
How would u rate the Spring 1 in terms of details, soundstage and timbre compared to your other IEMs?
(This is in stock form without mods). TIA!

Timbre is top notch, at least same with blon or better. Soundstage is wide with good depth
Still burning mine since so far the DD is sounded different (better) from that time OOTB.

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #672 of 1,701
Timbre is top notch, at least same with blon or better. Soundstage is wide with good depth
Still burning mine since so far the DD is sounded different (better) from that time OOTB.

How is the Spring 1 in details, say compared to your Sony M7? Or maybe even the hybrid/multi BA KZs and CCAs?

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #673 of 1,701
How is the Spring 1 in details, say compared to your Sony M7? Or maybe even the hybrid/multi BA KZs and CCAs?

Spring 1 vs ZSX, spring 1 can give you more details, like actualyy you can hear them on ZSX if you focusing on that details / background sounds, but in Spring 1 they are more easily heard / effortless
But for instrument separation, although Spring 1 have more details, ZSX have more separation between instruments, maybe due their multi driver (bigger number). But remember, everything in Spring 1 is presented in a very very very smooth way, very mature.
Its just too bad their bass is not on very great (or you can call me very picky on bass) but compared to TFZ no 3, the mid bass bleed isnt is bad as in no 3, but i wish they are tighter and more articulated without loose in control, it still in burning progress though, will report back later.

But mid and highs is crazy good for entry level mid-fi, best in their class, the details, the clarity, the timbre, and the smoothness.

compared to IER M7 is a tough one, they are on another level, price also on another level though. but in terms of detail wise, spring 1 isnt much left behind.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #674 of 1,701
I have the KB1 and find its isolation suitable. I would figure the KB100 would be same-ish. Its not? Maybe the boom boom bass of the KB1 helps drown out outside noises?
Im still thinking of picking up a kb100 in hopes it will be the Mother of all Genres IEM. Im just really worried its too laidback. This Kanas I just got is sooooo boring. Very smooth and laidback. Like I am at the back table of a swanky suit and tie Jazz club.
As far as I know the measurements of the BQ3 and KB100 are only slightly different? BQ3 has more of everything than KB100. I plan on buying BQ3 soon.

I find KB1 boring... KB100 is my go to! And the isolation is 0% for me. That should say a lot.

I'm currently listening to a Social Distortion album from 1997 and it sounds authentic to it's original creation.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #675 of 1,701
So the Spring 1 is just sort of...ok. I think I actually prefer the BQ3.

The spring 1 definitely benefits from more power and higher volumes. Compared to the other IEMs Ive been listening to as of late (blon bl03, nicehck DB3, bq3) I'm running it at significantly more power by about 15-20 steps on my R6 pro.

This helped a lot to open up the sound and fill in the details, but overall I don't think these are worth the added cost from the likes of the bq3. They're not bad, they just don't really do much for me. The bass on the bq3 is subjectively more too my liking, as The spring 1 it's actually a lot faster and more accurate than you might expect from a 13mm DD. The bq3 reaches deeper, EQs better and sounds more head rattling than the spring 1 IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back