Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Oct 6, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #106 of 2,912
Auto pause can be disabled in the app.

A-B testing with my galaxy note 8 allows for dual headphone connection.. Making it easy to compare the P7W and the PX :)

First impression is that the PX is better balanced.. And more airy, better imaging, soundstage and transparancy. PX also sounds less recessed.. Ear ups definitely are less comfortable.. Hope that will improve with wear...

So first impression is positive, comparing an fully broken in pair of P7Ws with a fresh pair of PXs

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #107 of 2,912
Auto pause can be disabled in the app.

A-B testing with my galaxy note 8 allows for dual headphone connection.. Making it easy to compare the P7W and the PX :)

First impression is that the PX is better balanced.. And more airy, better imaging, soundstage and transparancy. PX also sounds less recessed.. Ear ups definitely are less comfortable.. Hope that will improve with wear...

So first impression is positive, comparing an fully broken in pair of P7Ws with a fresh pair of PXs

What about vocals, are they warmth and close? Is PX less V-shaped than P7?

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #108 of 2,912
Does anyone know if these sound the same with ANC off? I would love to use them as standard bluetooth headphones normally and when I travel or go into the city flip on the ANC. Thank you guys for your initial impressions!

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #110 of 2,912
This is getting incredible.
Why don't people read previous posts? Why don't people read the official specs? 99% of questions were already answered or are in the specs from the start.
If this is in regards to my post, I have read here and in proper website reviews different thoughts concerning ANC. Just looking from some added input from other folks who are getting their new headphones.

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #111 of 2,912
What about vocals, are they warmth and close? Is PX less V-shaped than P7?

Vocals seem warm and engaging, less recessed, more open. There definitely seems to be a v-shape but noticeably less in the lower regions compared to the P7W.. So less boom :)

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #113 of 2,912
Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm very impressed so far.

I already own the P7W and I prefer the sound signature on the PX - to me, it sounds much clearer and better balanced. It also sounds a lot better to me than the P9, which I sold because I found them really uncomfortable and I didn't like the overbearing bass.

I tried the NC on the London Underground (which is pretty noisy at the best of times) and it performed very well. I've owned the QC25 and the Sony in the past and the PX was just as good on the Tube. The PX also sounds much better to my ears than the Bose and the Sony.

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #114 of 2,912
I'm a bit gutted - ordered mine on next day delivery from Super-Fi yesterday, but it looks like parcel force won't be delivering them today due to a technical fault last night - tracking is stuck on en route to depot. Annoying as I was so looking forward to trying them out over the weekend. I'm still hoping its a fault with the online tracking and they will magically arrive any time now!

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #115 of 2,912
Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm very impressed so far.

I already own the P7W and I prefer the sound signature on the PX - to me, it sounds much clearer and better balanced. It also sounds a lot better to me than the P9, which I sold because I found them really uncomfortable and I didn't like the overbearing bass.

I tried the NC on the London Underground (which is pretty noisy at the best of times) and it performed very well. I've owned the QC25 and the Sony in the past and the PX was just as good on the Tube. The PX also sounds much better to my ears than the Bose and the Sony.

I should also have added that the build quality is in a different league to the Bose and the Sony. It does make them a bit heavier though.

Oct 6, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #116 of 2,912
I should also have added that the build quality is in a different league to the Bose and the Sony. It does make them a bit heavier though.
Yep, this is immediately apparent once you have them in hand. Matte metal and leather. The ballistic nylon is textured, not smooth like the QC35 (which uses glass filled nylon, although execution looks a bit cheap), and it doesn’t take away anything from the PX’s aesthetics. B&W have always made good-looking cans with superb materials choices, it’s no different with the PX.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #117 of 2,912
I'm a bit gutted - ordered mine on next day delivery from Super-Fi yesterday, but it looks like parcel force won't be delivering them today due to a technical fault last night - tracking is stuck on en route to depot. Annoying as I was so looking forward to trying them out over the weekend. I'm still hoping its a fault with the online tracking and they will magically arrive any time now!

Good luck! Just ordered a pair from Super Fi myself for delivery tomorrow.

Oct 6, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #118 of 2,912
Good luck as well - parcel force are attempting to clear the huge backlog tomorrow (useless to me as i wont be at work) so who knows what effect that will have on the other deliveries for Saturday!

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #120 of 2,912
This is what I always use to break-in my headphones... I took this YouTube video and converted it to Flac... And then play it looped for a certain time. It contains a combination of white, pink and brown noise, and runs for two hours altogether.. Letting it run a few hours every night helps speeding up the break-in drastically

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back