Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Nov 12, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,081 of 2,912
The PXs which I listened to sounded so bad that I took them off my head after a couple of seconds. If some headphone really does need to be burnt in, the manufacturer could increase their sales and reduce return rates if they would do it themselves. Personally, I think they don't do it because it's a myth :)
I'll get my coat now.
How would you describe the sound, using language which relates to the three dimensional space?

Nov 12, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #1,085 of 2,912
Long time lurker and first-time poster here, but I've been reading through the PX feedback and reviews for a while and I'm really interested. I wanted to ask users a couple of specific questions. I'm looking for nice sounding wireless headphones for the commute (London Underground) and in the Gym (Weights / Spinning / Rowing - not running).

Does anyone have good feedback on these? I'd seen some posts mentioning good on the underground but haven't seen anything from 50 or so pages on whether it's ok for the Gym or completely wrong. I've seen QC35 and the 1000MX2 - but my preference is for top-notch SQ with ok ANC over the opposite.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,087 of 2,912
Long time lurker and first-time poster here, but I've been reading through the PX feedback and reviews for a while and I'm really interested. I wanted to ask users a couple of specific questions. I'm looking for nice sounding wireless headphones for the commute (London Underground) and in the Gym (Weights / Spinning / Rowing - not running).

Does anyone have good feedback on these? I'd seen some posts mentioning good on the underground but haven't seen anything from 50 or so pages on whether it's ok for the Gym or completely wrong. I've seen QC35 and the 1000MX2 - but my preference is for top-notch SQ with ok ANC over the opposite.

Thanks in advance!
Don't be using $400 headphones in the gym. That's what earbuds are for. Gym goers with full on headphones look like goofs lol

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #1,088 of 2,912
Good point, see my £20 earbuds vs the many with headphones and feel missing out the beat. Probably easier for me to mentally account for the headphones if i throw it at 2 activities but not necessary if it's good enough.

If I focused on just commuting via London underground, does the full experience work out? Heard a few contrasting claims, some where it's perfect for travel and others where the ANC makes it worse.

Nov 12, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #1,089 of 2,912
Good point, see my £20 earbuds vs the many with headphones and feel missing out the beat. Probably easier for me to mentally account for the headphones if i throw it at 2 activities but not necessary if it's good enough.

If I focused on just commuting via London underground, does the full experience work out? Heard a few contrasting claims, some where it's perfect for travel and others where the ANC makes it worse.

I believe it to be true that the ANC degrades the sound quality slightly. I don't personally mind it that much, but I'm no audiophile.

I purchased the PX for my commute as well and have found that I really don't need to have the ANC on riding the subway as the passive NC is good enough.

Just my two cents.

Nov 12, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #1,090 of 2,912
These cans should’ve shipped without ANC for $50 less. I’d gladly pay $349 for a non-ANC Model since I’ll never use the ANC if it degrades the sound. (Most manufacturers charge a $50 premium for their ANC models.)

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #1,091 of 2,912
These cans should’ve shipped without ANC for $50 less. I’d gladly pay $349 for a non-ANC Model since I’ll never use the ANC if it degrades the sound. (Most manufacturers charge a $50 premium for their ANC models.)

Well they cost the same as the P7W did which didn't have ANC (I know the sound signature is different between the two). I completely get your point, but I'm trying to consider the ANC a bonus on top of what are fantastic BT headphones.

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,092 of 2,912
Well they cost the same as the P7W did which didn't have ANC (I know the sound signature is different between the two). I completely get your point, but I'm trying to consider the ANC a bonus on top of what are fantastic BT headphones.

Indeed and wired-ANC mode loses SIGNIFICANTLY less timbre/musicality. Using the wire a small price to pay for the compromise when there are so many options for how one prefers to use these.

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #1,093 of 2,912
Has anyone tried these with an iPhone X? Mine don't work.

When I try to connect, the PX don't come up in the list of bluetooth devices. Strangely, I opened the PX app and that DID connect to the headphones the first time and I was able to toggle ANC. When I tried to play music, it came through the phone speaker and not the headphones.

When I try now, I can't connect to the headphones at all.

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #1,094 of 2,912
Mine are working fine with my iPhone X. However, it was a bit of a pain getting them to pair with the X initially after they’d been paired with my previous iPhone. I ended up just restoring the headphones to factory settings and pairing from scratch.

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #1,095 of 2,912
Mine are working fine with my iPhone X. However, it was a bit of a pain getting them to pair with the X initially after they’d been paired with my previous iPhone. I ended up just restoring the headphones to factory settings and pairing from scratch.

Thanks. I had tried that earlier and it didn't work. but I just put them on again and connected to the app straight away, reset them twice and now seems fine. That is a relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back