1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Blinxat, Sep 29, 2017.
First

Back
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181
Next

Last
  1. dannydj
    New firmware available. Minor changes to the ANC stated and other minor bug fixes

trellus, Jazz1 and guerillaw like this.
  2. guerillaw
    Can someone please shares some insight in to how the PX handles an incoming signal. If it sees incoming Aptx, does it just amplify that signal or does it also run it through its DAC? I am hearing differences between music players and phones that I cannot explain. Going from phone to to Sony a35 it makes sense since the A35 is doing APTx vs AAC on the iphone, but the sound should be identical given identical files for the sony and something like the AK 70 MKk II, but it is not. I thought the PX ran everything through its digital domain then amplified it, what am I missing?

3. Jazz1
  4. dannydj
  5. dannydj
    Just did another battery test over the last few days and it seems the battery has dropped quite substantial over six months of use. Brand new the battery lasted 26.5 hours the test over the last few days I got 17hours. Indentical circumstances, no ANC, Flac 16, Aptx hd ... Actually even listened to the music a lot softer on the recent test.

Hopefully this is not indicative of the battery decline every six months or I am in for some serious disappointment.

6. billbishere

That is concerning.

7. dannydj
    Yep. The only reason I went through the painful procedure of timing the battery usage again was that it felt I had to charge them much more frequently ... So I thought I'd run the test and see

8. cresny
    I think aptX just creates a special encoding that the receiver (PX) needs to be able to understand. Your ears will then here the PX's D/A conversion along with signal processing of that transmission. I would think that one aptX encoder would be the same as any other, but maybe not? Maybe it varies with a device's ability to support a certain data bandwidth?

9. cresny
    Just updated firmware. Soundstage now seems bigger on Office setting. Can someone who hasn't updated do an A/B test to see if it's only placebo?

billbishere likes this.
  10. Djini
    New firmware release!

11. billbishere
    I created a thread about this, i thought the same thing.

12. AcademicBarzo
    Ditto. Also, SQ seems less effected in Airplane mode. Less, but still an obvious change to the sound signature.

13. XRcrush
    Signal always goes through the DAC in the PX, regardless of input or format. With digital audio there is a lot more going on than just a file and format. And this qualifies for understatement of the year too... :k701smile:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    trellus likes this.
  14. TheWhiteStig
    Did anyone have trouble upgrading using iPhone app (over bluetooth)? It never went past the file transfer stage, ended up using the Bluetooth Utility to finish the upgrade.

15. UnsaneBrain
    iPhone Max with B&W app. The firmware update to v1.117 was uneventfully over and done with in 10 to 15 minutes the other evening.

I've also noticed the on head / off head sensors are a bit more perky as they sort of gave up previously.

First

Back
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181
Next

Last