Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Jan 9, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #1,638 of 2,912
How would these be on a bicycle in London with the noise canceling off? I find the P9s a little big for cycling.

A no-no from me. As per my previous post, too heavy causing discomfort and headache after not very long. Also tends to cut out not infrequently (though as I said that could be on account of a variety of factors independent of the PXs).

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,639 of 2,912
So many different thoughts out there on the Px, but for me they are my favorites..:)
Love the sound (after many hours burn-in), have the q35ii and 1000xm2 too. But even if Anc is little "better" in some regards on sony/bose they can't come close to the Px in sound.
But guess that is a matter of taste tho, some maybe not like the type of clean sound they deliver.
And Bose of the 3 is the one you can use for like full day without even think about them, but for my head the PX work just fine..can use them for many hours without problem.
But even if sound is "Ok" out of the box...I see to many reviews from folks get them and put them on..and all that know B&W know they feel Flat from start..but after use they come to live. :)
Px did need more use tho, almost like my p9 that did need some time... (p5,p5w,p7,p7w did not need that long)

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,640 of 2,912
So many different thoughts out there on the Px, but for me they are my favorites..:)
Love the sound (after many hours burn-in), have the q35ii and 1000xm2 too. But even if Anc is little "better" in some regards on sony/bose they can't come close to the Px in sound.
But guess that is a matter of taste tho, some maybe not like the type of clean sound they deliver.
And Bose of the 3 is the one you can use for like full day without even think about them, but for my head the PX work just fine..can use them for many hours without problem.
But even if sound is "Ok" out of the box...I see to many reviews from folks get them and put them on..and all that know B&W know they feel Flat from start..but after use they come to live. :)
Px did need more use tho, almost like my p9 that did need some time... (p5,p5w,p7,p7w did not need that long)

How long do you reckon they needed to come fully to life? Mine has been played max 15-20 hours. Already like the sound really well. Maybe they could open up at bit more. Compared to the H9 I think they are way better already.
To me the only concern is how much they leak. The only thing keeping them from being a perfect set for me.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #1,641 of 2,912
How long do you reckon they needed to come fully to life? Mine has been played max 15-20 hours. Already like the sound really well. Maybe they could open up at bit more. Compared to the H9 I think they are way better already.
To me the only concern is how much they leak. The only thing keeping them from being a perfect set for me.
Not sure, but from box and the first night I did notice difference (maybe 6-8h). But did even feel they did continue after the 20-30..and hear some have use them for 50 and still notice it. Guess biggest difference is from box and that 15-20 and then it just improve small as you use it.
And they leak some, but for me they sit quite tight so it´s not to bad tho..I have headphones that leak more and also less, but the PX is not one of them that I call "warning" on the leak factor..:)

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #1,642 of 2,912
Not sure, but from box and the first night I did notice difference (maybe 6-8h). But did even feel they did continue after the 20-30..and hear some have use them for 50 and still notice it. Guess biggest difference is from box and that 15-20 and then it just improve small as you use it.
And they leak some, but for me they sit quite tight so it´s not to bad tho..I have headphones that leak more and also less, but the PX is not one of them that I call "warning" on the leak factor..:)

They sit quite tight for me as well. Don't use glasses, don't have hair :D and a pretty big head! Maybe I'm a bit "hysterical". What I feel compared to other headphones I've had is that they leak the whole specter. Where others maybe did leak a lot of bright sounds, the PX leak the whole song if that makes any sense. But sound wise, looks and also the fit, they are right up there with the best headphones I ever had. And they are not uncomfortable in my experience. I like the "sturdy" feeling they have!

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #1,643 of 2,912
They sit quite tight for me as well. Don't use glasses, don't have hair :D and a pretty big head! Maybe I'm a bit "hysterical". What I feel compared to other headphones I've had is that they leak the whole specter. Where others maybe did leak a lot of bright sounds, the PX leak the whole song if that makes any sense. But sound wise, looks and also the fit, they are right up there with the best headphones I ever had. And they are not uncomfortable in my experience. I like the "sturdy" feeling they have!
Strange, I know "leak"..but the leak I get from Px I don't call that big. High Volume and people near me can hear it..sure. But not like you describe it tho..:)

Jan 9, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #1,644 of 2,912
Btw, did you use standard listening as "burn-in" or some "noice"..:)

Jan 9, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #1,645 of 2,912
Strange, I know "leak"..but the leak I get from Px I don't call that big. High Volume and people near me can hear it..sure. But not like you describe it tho..:)

I wouldn't have any complaints if this was just on high volumes. I've had a lot of different headphones over the years, and the amount of leak has always been important to me. I don't like bothering people around me, be it at home or outside. And my experience is that I don't have to turn it up to any kind of high volumes before its very clear to everyone around me what I'm listening to with the PX. Maybe we just have a different opinion on what's to much :)

Btw, did you use standard listening as "burn-in" or some "noice"..:)

Both! Some normal listening, some noice and also a very long burn in video on You tube with heavy Dubstep :)

Jan 9, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #1,646 of 2,912
This is the only comment I could find anywhere comparing the MW60 to the PX. I currently have the PX, enjoy it quite a bit, but the MW60 does intrigue me. Soundwise, what is it about the MW60 you prefer?

I've always been a fan of open headphones vs. closed. I find the PX most helpful in at the coffee shop, or solo lunch, due to the active and non-active sound isolation. They certainly sound better than my Bose Wireless earbuds (though those have superior sound active sound isolation).

I also use the PX to watch movies at home when I don't want to disturb my spouse or kid. Note I think the PX is a bit superior for listening to action movies with their usual special effect sounds (i.e. explosions :wink:. But of course music listening is their primary function for me. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that if you need sound isolation the PX is the way to go over the MW60. Both are well built, sound good, and I do not miss cutting the headphone cable for use on the go

The MW60 is a little more comfortable on my head for long term listening in a quiet environment. In the end I've never found the end game pair of headphones. If I had to choose between the two I'd go PX for sound isolation as I use them out of my home on a daily basis. You do have to get used to using the app. and figure out adjustments via the app. I hope B&W develops the app. more. Good luck in your quest!

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #1,647 of 2,912
I've always been a fan of open headphones vs. closed. I find the PX most helpful in at the coffee shop, or solo lunch, due to the active and non-active sound isolation. They certainly sound better than my Bose Wireless earbuds (though those have superior sound active sound isolation).

I also use the PX to watch movies at home when I don't want to disturb my spouse or kid. Note I think the PX is a bit superior for listening to action movies with their usual special effect sounds (i.e. explosions :wink:. But of course music listening is their primary function for me. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that if you need sound isolation the PX is the way to go over the MW60. Both are well built, sound good, and I do not miss cutting the headphone cable for use on the go

The MW60 is a little more comfortable on my head for long term listening in a quiet environment. In the end I've never found the end game pair of headphones. If I had to choose between the two I'd go PX for sound isolation as I use them out of my home on a daily basis. You do have to get used to using the app. and figure out adjustments via the app. I hope B&W develops the app. more. Good luck in your quest!

Thank you for the reply, but I'm confused. It sounds like you're describing the MW60 as open??? I thought they were closed?

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #1,648 of 2,912
Oops you are correct. They are closed. Knowing that let me just say that the MW60 sounds more like an open headphone than the PX, and that is with the noise reduction on or off. Thank you for pointing out my error!

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #1,650 of 2,912
Oops you are correct. They are closed. Knowing that let me just say that the MW60 sounds more like an open headphone than the PX, and that is with the noise reduction on or off. Thank you for pointing out my error!

Magic words!!! I need to grab a pair of these then. I love the PX, but would prefer a bit more open sounding and something a little more comfortable. I listen mostly in quiet environments anyway, so isolation isn't a big issue. The PX is still a keeper anyway, it just needs a sibling...

Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back