Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #1,501 of 1,955
Using these headphones at work with W10 and Skype for business with limited success. Very frequently Skype crashes and the bluetooth connection goes down, after that I have to reboot my computer to get it working again. Is anyone experiencing the same problem with these headphones or any other bluetooth headphone? Insanely annyoing.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #1,503 of 1,955
I bought a p7 wireless in September and have the opportunity to trade it out for a px. I have both in my possession now and will be returning the px. Apparently the px is tweaked for modern pop, r&b and other electronic music. Classical music lovers should avoid the px, though they might be great headphones for many others. Also, I listen through a wire frequently, and was disappointed to find that the px works through a wire only if the battery is on and charged.

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,504 of 1,955
Is there a consensus forming that the PX do not sound as good as the P7W? I had some P7W that I sold a while back and I miss them. I'd go for the PX for added ANC but not at the expense of SQ. THanks.

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #1,505 of 1,955
I bought a p7 wireless in September and have the opportunity to trade it out for a px. I have both in my possession now and will be returning the px. Apparently the px is tweaked for modern pop, r&b and other electronic music. Classical music lovers should avoid the px, though they might be great headphones for many others. Also, I listen through a wire frequently, and was disappointed to find that the px works through a wire only if the battery is on and charged.

Interesting, your comments on the SQ is opposite of others. Most PX owners who have/had P7W say PX is a flatter on low frequencies, have better soundstage and instrument seperation. which is better for classical music.

Is your PX set burned in enough? There are too many reports saying that PX sounds bad oput of the box and SQ changes greatly after burn in.

BTW, I m a P7W owner and waiting my PX order from Amazon this week. I'll write my ideas on PX vs P7W when I've it.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #1,506 of 1,955
Got used to P7W to the extent i stopped bitching about low freq and disabled the equalizer fix (hate using it anyway). It sounds perfect.
The question is, is PX really better sounding? I wonder why it's cheapier than P7.
I like the idea of more codecs and also the design got better, removing the ridiculous headband clamps which hold the earphones, as i saw it broken once and i am scared of it will happen to me.

Nov 12, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #1,507 of 1,955
So i checked Bowers replaced P7 with PX like they won't sell P7s anymore. They should be the replacement.
Love those smart features, it's exactly what is needed (pause music when earphone is raised etc). And the codec.
I thought i get on the train and placed ad to sell P7W and get PX from amazon. But reading reviews on .com/.uk/.de site, i'm deleting the ad. Looks like we've got a gem which actually will get pricier as the manufacturer won't sell it anymore and we need to stick to it like it was a hot gf.
The reason why more tech packed phones are cheapier is the sound is cheapier? Some ppl compare it P3. Lack of liveness and excitement. Worse comfort, as it's heavier and over ear (yes, that's a paradox, it looks bigger but it's actually less space for ears in top and bottom area). My feeling is PX is Q35. And i do not want to have sterile Bose/Sony no matter what.
I think i'm happy with what i've got - WOW sound, feels light, comfort for long listening sessions. I will still have a session with PX at the street shop, but right now i am not convinved. Feedback is welcome (strictly after burning them and without ANC! PX are like PX100 out of the box).

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #1,509 of 1,955
Interesting, your comments on the SQ is opposite of others. Most PX owners who have/had P7W say PX is a flatter on low frequencies, have better soundstage and instrument seperation. which is better for classical music.

Is your PX set burned in enough? There are too many reports saying that PX sounds bad oput of the box and SQ changes greatly after burn in.

BTW, I m a P7W owner and waiting my PX order from Amazon this week. I'll write my ideas on PX vs P7W when I have been comparing my px vs. p7w and hd599.

BTW, I m a P7W owner and waiting my PX order from Amazon this week. I'll write my ideas on PX vs P7W when I've it.
My above post was intended for your attention. I look forward to reading your words about your new px.

Nov 13, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #1,510 of 1,955
My above post was intended for your attention. I look forward to reading your words about your new px.

Interesting, again... This review defines the bass as "deep" on PX but almost everyone on PX thread on head-fi say PX has "tight" (conrolled) bass and it isn't deep as P7'.

TBH, I would be a lot happier with an headphone as you described since I mostly listen soft rock and pop music and sometimes R&B. I'm curious about mine experience, waiting my PX excitedly....

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #1,511 of 1,955
Interesting, again... This review defines the bass as "deep" on PX but almost everyone on PX thread on head-fi say PX has "tight" (conrolled) bass and it isn't deep as P7'.

TBH, I would be a lot happier with an headphone as you described since I mostly listen soft rock and pop music and sometimes R&B. I'm curious about mine experience, waiting my PX excitedly....
I would not be surprised if you love the px right out of the box. I would describe the sound as slightly bass of neutral. The px is mediocre, to my ears, for orchestral music, especially violins en masse.

http://www.tested.com/tech/accessories/459117-science-and-myth-burning-headphones/

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #1,512 of 1,955
Nov 13, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #1,514 of 1,955
Not much about sound there, can't trust it. Also she is a liberal who drops politics into sound article, and such people are irrational. Just like I don't trust your nickname created to promote that article. I guess you're her. Next..
You are wrong about almost everything you wrote, including the gender of the author of the article. I opened an account here to warn classical music majors about the poor performance of the px in orchestral music. It is to everyone's benefit if headphones are not sent to people who will very likely return them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back