Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #1,489 of 1,955
Oct 3, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #1,492 of 1,955
Bugger - I was hoping to get to the end of the year without being tempted by yet another headphone purchase.

Same. I considered my dt 1990 + p7w the end of the road for me. But I'd be really tempted to switch to the px for the anc. Passive isolation just doesn't work as well as I'd like while I'm on the plane.

Oct 3, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #1,493 of 1,955
I like my pair of P7Ws well enough but I've been spoiled by the ANC in my 1000xM2s and H9s. While the SQ in the P7s are a marked improvement from the other 2 cans, I'm not getting a perfect fit with them and they let in a LOT of sound during my daily commute, which pretty much ruins the listening experience. Very tempted by the PX.

Oct 3, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #1,494 of 1,955
I just ordered the PX and will report as soon as I get them (very optimistically this week, probably next week).
I hope they sound close to the P7 and have at least modest ANC, one can hope for more of course.
I like all the features they added (USB DAC, ANC, iOS/Android app) and I hope the angled drivers they carried over from P9 will do a good job.
What I don't like is the new folding system - I always find headphones that fold like that very awkward to carry in any bag without risking some breakage.
Beware that those are also active only... but with battery life as good as P7W it should not be an issue.

Oct 3, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #1,496 of 1,955
Damn, tempted too. Need some more input. Compare sound with P7. Hope it's still comfortable, really like the light feel of P7.
That gesture feature is so useful, never have time to find and press the pause button when someone talks to me.
P.S. Following this thread will cost me another money:wink:

Oct 3, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #1,497 of 1,955
They look like more of a P5 Wireless replacement. I wouldn't think they would match the P7 but who knows.

P7W is no longer ‘available’ on the B&W site - the only two wireless headphones are P5W and the new PX.

But I should be getting my P7W tomorrow

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #1,500 of 1,955
Today I had the chance to use a Sennheiser HD800 (unicorn status for me) and compare it against my beloved P7W. Because I am quite the noob in the can business i hope to find a little help to my confusing findings.

I used both cans via a Dragonfly Red on my iPhone 7+, HiFi Tidal. I was quite shocked that the HD800, while roomy, crisp and detailed felt so flat to me - am I a victim of the elevated bass characteristic of the P7W? I LOVE it's signature, really helps out the kind of music I hear, but the HD800 in comparison showed no punch at all...

Volume was another thing - is this because of the higher impendance of the HD800s? Do I need different/better equipment to let them really shine?

Wear comfort OTOH is awesome, light and comfy - build quality is meh, cheap plastic everywhere, for a product costing about 3 times what the P7W cost my general consensus was "don't wear your heroes" ...

Is the P7W just so incredibly good? Or do I need to use other equipment and i produced an apples and oranges result with my approach?

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, I am learning the ropes here.

To maybe add to the legitimacy of posting here, I am keenly following the PX hype train and already scratched it from my list because: If I am getting ANC cans this feature itself should be really good. Apparently it isn't, so then at least the wired passive no gimmicks mode should be a winner. There is no passive so that's that. To be able to use the features of my headphone definitely should not include to have location based services active or no control. These are my showstoppers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back