Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #1,021 of 1,955
Does the B&W P7 wireless work good with the iPhone 6S+? I also seem to be reading about hiss, what is that about? How does the P7 Wireless compare to headphones like the HD 650 and the Z1R?

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #1,022 of 1,955
Update went smooth for me. At %20 P7 disconnects from USB then reconnects and this took some time (like 30+ seconds or so for my experince), but then progress continues from %20 to %100. I can confirm lowest sound steps and didn't notice any other change for the first 10-20 min usage :)

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #1,024 of 1,955
  Does the B&W P7 wireless work good with the iPhone 6S+? I also seem to be reading about hiss, what is that about? How does the P7 Wireless compare to headphones like the HD 650 and the Z1R?

I use it with my iPhone 6S. It works fine. I used to have a problem that the lowest volume over wire-less was too loud for some music/circumstances, but with the firmware update this is fixed. The hiss is the noise floor that can be heard with some music (in relatively silent parts). Some don't seem to hear it at all, and some do. I hear it and would be happier if the noise floor was lower, but it is not a deal breaker for me. I tend to listen at relatively low volumes, if you listen louder you probably won't hear it at all. E.g. I cannot hear the hiss when out and around, only in the quiet comfort of my home.

Feb 18, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #1,025 of 1,955
Hay guys.

I thought this is the best place to ask:
Im debating and cant decide between the P7 Wirelees, MW60 by Master dynamic and the X2 by philips (i know it is not bluetooth).
I like rich sounding headphone. Got the fidelio L1 and had the P5 Wireless that was too bright and lacked some bass so i returned it.

Please your opinion on this 3 headphones.

Thanks alot!

Feb 18, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #1,026 of 1,955
Hay guys.

I thought this is the best place to ask:
Im debating and cant decide between the P7 Wirelees, MW60 by Master dynamic and the X2 by philips (i know it is not bluetooth).
I like rich sounding headphone. Got the fidelio L1 and had the P5 Wireless that was too bright and lacked some bass so i returned it.

Please your opinion on this 3 headphones.

Thanks alot!
P7

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #1,027 of 1,955

I use it with my iPhone 6S. It works fine. I used to have a problem that the lowest volume over wire-less was too loud for some music/circumstances, but with the firmware update this is fixed. The hiss is the noise floor that can be heard with some music (in relatively silent parts). Some don't seem to hear it at all, and some do. I hear it and would be happier if the noise floor was lower, but it is not a deal breaker for me. I tend to listen at relatively low volumes, if you listen louder you probably won't hear it at all. E.g. I cannot hear the hiss when out and around, only in the quiet comfort of my home.

That is annoying. I suppose I should stick with the Shure SE846 if there is a hiss with the B&W P7 wireless?

If the hiss comes from ANC, is it possible to turn off the ANC so that the hiss will disappear?

Feb 19, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #1,028 of 1,955
That is annoying. I suppose I should stick with the Shure SE846 if there is a hiss with the B&W P7 wireless?

If the hiss comes from ANC, is it possible to turn off the ANC so that the hiss will disappear?

If you keep the source volume on full output, (V10 running Android, in my case) the hiss isn't a problem for me I can barely notice it's there in general. It's nothing like running sensitive IEM's in a noisy source.
The sound is great for Bluetooth, the best I have heard using AptX. You also have the option to plug in and run them as standard headphones.

There is no ANC on the p7w.

Feb 23, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #1,034 of 1,955
Ears can be deceiving, so I'm absolutely not sure, but I feel that maybe (really maybe) B&W has altered a little bit the mid-bass hump.

it is likely that you are not just limited to the volume and calls, but also the equalization has changed, now I find the wireless p7 much like they are wired (p7 wireless, wired): lower volume, bass compounds , more balanced sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back