Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #766 of 1,955
well, we are on HF, testing gears and if no attention was drawn then whats the point.

Each to their own, but I use headphones to listen to music, not get attention. I can't imagine wearing a Z1R out in public like on a bus or something. At work sitting at a desk is different, but wearing them on the go .....

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #767 of 1,955
Each to their own, but I use headphones to listen to music, not get attention. I can't imagine wearing a Z1R out in public like on a bus or something. At work sitting at a desk is different, but wearing them on the go .....
Im standing in the train with the P9. Its big and dont want the 75 or so people to hear what Im listening to.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #768 of 1,955
I've had an interesting experience with my new P7s this week. One of my to-do items for 2017 is to listen to the Rolling Stone magazine Top 500 Albums of All Time. I find most of what I've listened to so far sounds absolutely sublime on the P7. Beatles and Zeppelin in particular. Yet a few albums sound like mush. Stuff from U2 and Springsteen in particular. Any explanation for this from the audiophile's perspective?

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #769 of 1,955
I've had an interesting experience with my new P7s this week. One of my to-do items for 2017 is to listen to the Rolling Stone magazine Top 500 Albums of All Time. I find most of what I've listened to so far sounds absolutely sublime on the P7. Beatles and Zeppelin in particular. Yet a few albums sound like mush. Stuff from U2 and Springsteen in particular. Any explanation for this from the audiophile's perspective?
U2 LPS sounded very good. Not sure how their web music sounds.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #770 of 1,955
Im standing in the train with the P9. Its big and dont want the 75 or so people to hear what Im listening to.

Yes, the P9 is big, bigger than I might wear in public, but it is quite a bit smaller than the Z1R yet.

Jan 13, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #773 of 1,955
  Just got these, fired them up, got some tunes on - wow, they're bloody lovely. Happy days

Is your Bytor handle by chance related to Bytor and the Snowdog?

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #775 of 1,955
  Ah yes indeed it is - Rush - favourites of mine!

Thought so. I have been lucky enough to have seen them in concert about 10 times since the mid 80s. Bytor and the Snowdog live from All The Worlds A Stage is one of my favorite tracks. I have the original vinyl I received as a birthday gift from I think 1981 or 82. Still quite playable.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #776 of 1,955
Sounds good - I've seen them half a dozen times here in the UK, first time in 1980 on the Permanent Waves tour. And just to keep it on track, these P7s are amazing with the cable, and possibly even better in wireless mode. Either way, I'm delighted with them!

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #777 of 1,955
  Sounds good - I've seen them half a dozen times here in the UK, first time in 1980 on the Permanent Waves tour. And just to keep it on track, these P7s are amazing with the cable, and possibly even better in wireless mode. Either way, I'm delighted with them!

Heck, we can deviate a little, but yes I concur the P7 both wired or wireless is addictive. Sadly I missed the Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures tours, but you can't see them all. It looks like Rush is done, doubtful they will tour again, but you never know. I know Rush had a huge following in the UK and toured there extensively. Neil Peart's home in Quebec is fairly close to Ottawa, but despite being a drummer I won't stalk him! 

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #778 of 1,955
Ha, we can! Gutted that they didn't tour here again. I feel like I know them, they've been a part of my life for so long. I bet NP goes out with a disguise on - he's not one to be recognised. Surely one of the finest bands ever. Drummer eh? I try and play a bit of guitar and bass, just for my own ears...

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #779 of 1,955
  Ha, we can! Gutted that they didn't tour here again. I feel like I know them, they've been a part of my life for so long. I bet NP goes out with a disguise on - he's not one to be recognised. Surely one of the finest bands ever. Drummer eh? I try and play a bit of guitar and bass, just for my own ears...

Not surprised another Rush fan and a musician. Apparently the last few tours were just murder on Peart with his perfectionist nature and aging. We might get a studio album from them with no touring, that is still in the cards I'll bet. When was the last tour in the UK, Clockwork Angels?

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #780 of 1,955
Yes - Clockwork Angels, I went to the show in Manchester. Well, I guess he's put the effort in over the years, and you can't really blame him for wanting to finish whilst he's still at the top, as it were. As you say, a perfectionist. So -  in Britain I think Rush are a hugely popular 'cult' band - you never hear them on the radio or see them in the mainstream media, but you can bet that there are loads fans knocking about. Is Canada a bit more openly proud of 'em?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back