Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones
Nov 19, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #1,501 of 1,506
I updated the link in this post with new Equalizer APO settings. I compared the Innerfidelity and Reference Audio Analyzer measurements and RTINGS to my ear sounds better. RTINGS's methodology is definitely more robust and accurate, even if they've improved their measurement procedure since the P7 was last tested.

The tweaked EQ settings are mostly the same as RTING's except I smoothed some of the peaks somewhere in the midrange that made my ears hurt.

Aug 11, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #1,502 of 1,506
Can anyone tell me anything about B&W E1's? these seem to be P7's sold by and used on Emerite aircraft.

Dec 28, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #1,503 of 1,506
Not sure my case is similar to others.
I use my B&W P7 occasionally. Recently I found that the left driver not working checked continuity of wirings everywhere, all good.

It seems only the left driver is not responding any more.

Anyone have such issues?

Dec 28, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #1,504 of 1,506
Yep, same thing happened to mine. Emailed B&W and was told there was no repair option. I guess only thing that can be done is throw them in the trash which is unfortunate.

Dec 28, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #1,505 of 1,506
Yep, same thing happened to mine. Emailed B&W and was told there was no repair option. I guess only thing that can be done is throw them in the trash which is unfortunate.
Thanks mate!
That’s a bit ridiculous, I have more than 60 headphones and earphones, none of them encounter such issues even I didn’t use them all the time.

I have B&W MM1 speakers they are great, I guess I would kind of avoid this brand for now…

I was wondering why there are so many B&W headphone driver parts from Ali express or so, perhaps there are some related reasons …

Dec 28, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #1,506 of 1,506
Thanks mate!
That’s a bit ridiculous, I have more than 60 headphones and earphones, none of them encounter such issues even I didn’t use them all the time. I run them at least se

I have B&W MM1 speakers they are great, I guess I would kind of avoid this brand for now…

I was wondering why there are so many B&W headphone driver parts from Ali express or so, perhaps there are some related reasons …

Maybe I can now remove the original drivers and retrofit my Audio Technica ATH-EW9 Ear Fit Clip-On Wooden Headphones drivers in it 😅

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back