Bowers & Wilkins P5 portable (ProAudio Monitors) Review
Mar 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #31 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ehh, I really can't trust in store impressions. They're rarely indicative of real sound imo. It's usually people checking headphones out for 15 minutes on the provided gear, sometimes which isn't even totally working(loose connections or the like). Most of all though, especially with headphones like the beats, people walk in with bad expectations. That said, in-store impressions are important and useful, just they can't be taken fully into account. No offense to anyone here, as I've done so myself. FWIR, so far from owners the P5 do well with a good amount of burn-in.

I listened to them for 5mins and knew that i was in the presence of greatness. as another poster said they are addictive and you will find yourself thinking about them wen you can be with them and laying in bed listening we you should be sleeping..

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #32 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyxix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also just to get this off my chest again. ITS UGLY AS SIN. But it felt so sturdy =[

One mans ugly is usually another mans beautiful..

PS.. "To be with you" by Mr. Big sounds fantastic on these OMG!!!
then if you wana be shocked ... play "throw it up" by lil jon

then tell me these cans are not amazing.
darthsmile.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #33 of 59
With respect to the OP, (and I have posted quite a bit on the P5s too!), I think others should be given more of an opportunity to comment, or it's going to become a 'fanboy' thread - which I think would be unfortunate, as the P5s are really good headphones.

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #34 of 59
GorgonMusic:

Stop apologizing to these schoolmarm ninnies. These guys wouldn't know good audio if they woke up at the New York Philharmonic.

These obseqious gumflappers ninny about here shamelessly slurping the behinds of their Hedphoni Supremi posting-Gods and swarming like mosquitoes over others with fewer posts. For Chrissake they spend their days discussing headphones of all things, most of which they haven't even heard.

Seriously, this forum is crawling with self-important asses like those who responded to this post. Ignore them. They are ordinary fools. You'd think you'd suggested a cure for cancer.

The P5's are great phones, and the form factor is new and interseting as well. MOst imprtantly, you like them. ]

Jeez, what a swarm of fools.

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #35 of 59
hey i think they look pretty sweet. and if ppl rate them at 150 dollar headphones in terms of sound, its not unreasonable to pay another 150 for the craftsmanship and materials used.

I would love to hear how they sound if i happen to chance upon them, but i'm very happy with my grado sr80s =) if these had good isolation and great bass then i'd completely reconsider..

guys stop bringing beats in here. there isn't some fancy celebrity tagged to the P5s. to be relevant i expected someone to bring in B&O or Bose instead.

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #36 of 59
Some of the comments are a bit harsh but GorgonMusic if you ever hear a better set of headphones how will you ever describe them?

I have not heard the P5 yet but the hype is getting sickly. Perhaps I'll call B&W to see if they agree that some comments are going a little too overboard.

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #37 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeluiz22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GorgonMusic:

Stop apologizing to these schoolmarm ninnies. These guys wouldn't know good audio if they woke up at the New York Philharmonic.

These obseqious gumflappers ninny about here shamelessly slurping the behinds of their Hedphoni Supremi posting-Gods and swarming like mosquitoes over others with fewer posts. For Chrissake they spend their days discussing headphones of all things, most of which they haven't even heard.

Seriously, this forum is crawling with self-important asses like those who responded to this post. Ignore them. They are ordinary fools. You'd think you'd suggested a cure for cancer.

The P5's are great phones, and the form factor is new and interseting as well. MOst imprtantly, you like them. ]

You're quite a humorous guy, I'll take everything you said as a joke.

Nonetheless, nobody really disagreed with what GorgonMusic said about the P5. More importantly, we wanted to know what he has experience with which headphones that can be comparative to the P5. By all means, this forum is never about single-sided good or bad opinions but rather based on comparisons with other subjects that we have already experienced. So, since GorgonMusic had not introduced any other headphone in his review, nobody here could really relate to it. Plus, it all seem so commercialized and for all I know, could be on the box on the P5 itself as well....

If you have that impression of many of the people here, why the hell are you even on the forum then?

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #38 of 59
^ +1. A review is worth much more if the reviewer's point of reference is clear. If you don't agree with that, I recommend cnet reviews rather than head-fi's.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #39 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeluiz22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GorgonMusic:

Its too late i have been labeled a fanboy troll for my love of the P5s!!! Oh well thats life.. a guy made another review thread and completely trashed the P5s as if they are a total mess...lol he is a very "respected" poster so most folks in the thread are thanking him... only a mod is in there supporting the P5s...

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #40 of 59
I spent about 30 mins demoing the P5s yesterday. They aren't the type of headphones that immediately amaze you because they are quite laid back, however if you give them time you realise the sound is actually quite highly resolved. I'd describe the sound as laid back yet detailed, the bass goes low, but is not overpowering or bloated, the midrange is smooth and detailed and the treble is extended, but polite side as opposed to the sparkly stand out style. These headphones are in a different league to any of the Bose's or Sony MDR ND500D (other headphones I demo'd at thesame time). I'd put them way ahead of the Sennheiser HD238, but probably not in thesame league as the Sennheiser HD-25 II.

Based on my short time with them, I was impressed with what they can produce, however I'm not sure if I'd be willing to shell out the price for them. Then again I can understand why others have done..

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #41 of 59
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I love headphones and own a pair of Grado 80s and 325s. I love them both. My wife bought me a pair of Dr Dres from Apple. Sound was muffled. I returned them. I listened to the P5s for a few minutes and thought they sounded good, but I wonder if it is the build that grabs the attention...sort of like listening with our eyes. Anyway, These manufacturers keep jacking up the prices with there new "reference" phones. Are we just a bunch of suckers or what? In a few short years Grados reference phones jumped a grand. Gimme a break. Don't be a sucker. Trust your ears.

May 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #42 of 59

Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I love headphones and own a pair of Grado 80s and 325s. I love them both. My wife bought me a pair of Dr Dres from Apple. Sound was muffled. I returned them. I listened to the P5s for a few minutes and thought they sounded good, but I wonder if it is the build that grabs the attention...sort of like listening with our eyes. Anyway, These manufacturers keep jacking up the prices with there new "reference" phones. Are we just a bunch of suckers or what? In a few short years Grados reference phones jumped a grand. Gimme a break. Don't be a sucker. Trust your ears.

most consumer electronics are about 30% over priced cause that is what the consumer will bare...  

May 15, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #43 of 59
gorgonmusic, thanks for the very useful review. We need more information and perspectives on the P5. As for the strong disgareement, its kind of part of the game. You weren't actually labeled a fanboy. Anyway, try to avoid the temptation to yell like you did in post 30. It doesn't help.

May 16, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #44 of 59

Quote:
gorgonmusic, thanks for the very useful review. We need more information and perspectives on the P5. As for the strong disgareement, its kind of part of the game. You weren't actually labeled a fanboy. Anyway, try to avoid the temptation to yell like you did in post 30. It doesn't help.

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, you posted in the other thread that they sound best when EQed:

I wonder, does your sound description in the first post apply to the EQed phones or not? Don't get me wrong, I have no objections to EQing (besides the iPod's subpar EQ quality), but I think it should be clarified.

[size=small]yeh so im saying that when using an ipod/iPhone WITH ANY HEAD PHONES!!!!! the best out put is achieved from those devices with the Eq set to ON in "acoustic" mode..[/size]

P5s are fantastic period.. in my opinion..
redface.gif

Bit of an odd statement re. iPod EQ. I reckon the best position is "Off"!

May 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #45 of 59
Quote:
You weren't actually labeled a fanboy. 

Oh I disagree. I think bumping every P5 thread on the forum, updated or not, within one hour qualifies one for fanboy status. Same goes for trying to dissuade others from selling theirs on the FS forum:

Quote:
lol... you should keep them...  i am keeping mine...  I will keep them till they break only then will i search for new cans..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back