Bowers & Wilkins P3
Nov 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #154 of 169
Quote:
I tested these headphones out the other day, is it just me, or does it seem like these headphones really lack sound stage?

Hey guys,

I just recently received these and wanted to give some feedback on my impressions.

First off, build quality and aesthetics are really top notch. They look amazing, are comfortable and light.

The sound is quite interesting. I'm coming from a pair of DT990 600Ohm that I recently sold. I can tell you I was quite surprised by the small soundstage. It really is a big difference and something I don't think I'll ever be able to get used too. What is also quite different is the lows. My DT990s were excellent at reproducing the low frequencies. This headphone does a good job, but I find that it lacks some impact. Wishing there was a bit more "sub bass" but I'm sure this has more to do with the size of the driver than anything else. I find the mids to be excellent and vocals are quite crisp and clear. As for the treble, I find it quite enjoyable. It's still clean and crisp, although I do agree a bit "hidden" behind the mids. I wish they were a bit more forward.

Overall I like these headphones a lot. One thing it has made me realize, is that I much prefer open around the ear headphones with a bigger soundstage.

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #155 of 169
Im now really lovin my p3.
Guess its just me who needs time to understand the tune of this headphone.
I say they sound natural most of the time.
Vocals sounds thick and dry but in a possitive way.
The bass may lack nourishment from impact but nothing too fancy to brag about, its just the right amount along with the mids and highs.
Possibly there is a reason why bowers created the pads.
Maybe to create a sound closer to their manufactured speakers.
I have my zeppelin air to prove that.
The p3 sounds 80% closer to the zep air.
After 2-3 months of owning this, this p3 is one of my best can in sounds and looks (including grado 325).

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #158 of 169
to all the p3 owners here...
there is a way of improving the sound / solution to the problem without modding the pads.

its the equalizer.
if you guys use ios - iphone/ipod touch as a dap, try to download the app ACCUDIO.
input your headphone BOWER AND WILKINS brand, then the model P3.

that way, it will help improve the HIGHS department.
i just tried it yesterday.
and the sound really really improved alot.
and im enjoying it now as a PLAYER APP than the stock music player.

the sound will be more FLAT, lively and youll feel the improvement.
its better.

if you want to hear the same as before P3, just use your stock Music Player app from ios.

its just that simple.
and using ACCUDIO makes me happy (somehow i didnt have to mod the pads).

its a FREE APP by the way.
you can choose a FREE one headphone brand. choose p3.

Feb 17, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #161 of 169
^its flat.
mids take a little step back.
treble a little more front than before.
bass is more quicker and defined.

seems like your music is a little cleaner.
before everything seems like natural yet a little muddy.
but i enjoy both sounds btw.

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #164 of 169
I listened to these in an Apple store today and was shocked. I've been skeptical of this brand in the past (all looks?), but the quality seemed the best of any small headphone I've ever tried. I may have liked the sound signature better than any I've encountered since the UE TF10.

And in a quick back-and-forth comparison, I thought they obviously blew away the larger and more expensive P5.

Someone with more experience with them should answer the post above, but I listened to a stream of the new NIN (something I don't really care for), and it sounded great. Really great.

I'm baffled they're not a bigger deal on this forum. Or maybe they are. I haven't paid much attention to this forum since it lead me to buy several total pieces of crap in a row...

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #165 of 169

Someone with more experience with them should answer the post above, but I listened to a stream of the new NIN (something I don't really care for), and it sounded great. Really great.

I think these are fantastic with rock.

I'm baffled they're not a bigger deal on this forum. Or maybe they are.

They are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back