Bought Radiohead: Ok Computer
Apr 3, 2004 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

TeRrAPh0eNiX

100+ Head-Fier
Oh.
My.
God.

It is breathtakingly awesome. The music is just... great. Through and through, it is a coherent mess that comes out sounding wonderful and perfect, and songs like "Subterranean Homesick Alien," and "No Surprises" are constantly on repeat.

I've heard great things about this album, and it has certainly lived up to them.I heartily recommend this album to those who don't have it; given more time to grow on me, i'm sure this will be an album i can't live without.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #2 of 49
you're several years late, as this was the best record of the LAST decade. but at least you dig it.

Apr 3, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 49
i know i'm about....7 years late, but i'm young (16 :p), so you can forgive me, right? If i would have known about this album before, i would have snatched it up quick!

Apr 3, 2004 at 4:14 PM Post #6 of 49
I am always hearing talk of Radiohead. Yet, I have never heard them.
What kind of music do they play so well?
You guys keep making them sound so great that I want to try them out. But there is so much modern music that I really can't stand. I'm afraid of wasting more money on CDs I don't like.

Apr 3, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 49
Mr PD, dont be afraid to buy any Radiohead.

Even if you dont like them, you'll be able to impress people with good taste in music.

Just kidding. I have to be a snob about Radiohead cause I like them so much.

There music is very cerebral. Its not for everyone, but those who like them, usually LOVE them.

Its mostly black or white with Radiohead.

Get The Bends or OK Computer first. Both are very nivce.

I do hope you like them....

BILL

Apr 3, 2004 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 49
Radiohead made artsy, British, rock/pop. delved into Björk-inspired electronics later, not sure what they're doing now.

basically.

they're brilliant, for a 90's band. the only album I really dig is Kid A. OK Computer has it's moments, but I only really like Karma Police and Electionering. The Bends is very 'even' in quality. but nothing too special IMO (I just don't see it probably).

musically, I agree they might be the best band of the last decade. besides the fact they're terribly hyped. I guess if you can really get into Radiohead or not depends on whether or not you can relate to Thom Yorke / deal with his voice.

I can't. Radiohead doesn't move me. give me Coldplay - Parachutes any day.

Apr 3, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #11 of 49
Mr.PD if you don't buy the bends you will do a disservice to your listening experience, also you shall burn in the eternal flames of hell as i have fortold everyone on this forum before:

my personal audio commandment "thou shall buy the bends, if thine do not buy the bends thou shall forever burn in the eternal flames of hell"

the best album of the last decade was the bends closely followed by ok computer.

PD, buy it, and as i will testify right here for the thousands of members to view, if you don't like it you can send it to me at my expense and i will buy it from you, i can always use another copy because i wear out many in the car, at work etc. i guess i should just burn one on the old dell but i guess i would kind of see that as blasphemy, sort of like photocopying the good book.

blessingx, you may add another few to the average. let me know what it is and i will put it in my sig. i promise.

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 49
biggrin.gif

It's grown on me more... i love Subterranean Homesick Alien, No Surprises, Karma Police, Airbag, Paranoid Android, and... oh ***** it, the whole album. :p

I'd like to know what exactly they're singing about, especially in the "Fitter Happier" track. A better life in the busy world of the future?

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #15 of 49
almost all radiohead albums will take awhile to grow on you, at first i hated httt but now it's right up there with the rest. no band imo has such a prolific catalog that is so closely regarded in quality, even the live ep rocks the f'in house....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back