Bought my first "audiophile" headphone and I am loving it
Oct 3, 2011 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

saadishahid

New Head-Fier
Just bought Grado SR 60i and can't believe what I have been missing all these years by using really bad headphones 
gs1000.gif
 Wonder how much the sound will become better after break in 

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 11
I am glad you are enjoying your SR-60i's.  They will break in a bit and the bass should get better with time.  In the distant future, when you grow tired of their signature, you should look into the "Quarter Mod".  It is a nice way to get a SR-225 sound of of them.  The Grado series really works well with rock and heavy metal, but sounds pretty good in other genres.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 11
You can also try bowl pads on them. Happy listening! 
(this thread should go on the main hp's section..dont you think?)

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 11
And then you'll find out about modding Fostex T50RP's... 
wink_face.gif

Glad you like your purchase on the SR60's though, I remember my first good headphone too and its a great feeling.

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #5 of 11
awesome! glad you love them, just wait till the upgrade bug bites you and you end up moving up the grado line or trying new types of cans, its awesome! and when you buy your first headphone amp, it gets better :)

i have grado sr325is and love them, great for rock/metal, but also very good for jazz, female vocals, etc... they just sound really natural and are right up in line with my akg k701's for detail and clarity.  ive heard all the grados up to the PS1k and can say the sr 60 definitely are a great start and the grados only improve as you go up the line. 

have fun! 

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #6 of 11
The Grado 69 is a fine headphone. Personally I think every house in America should have one. It's a great grab and go  headphone when you need one and it does such a fine job. I also love the looks and feel of it too. In many ways, it's really the headphone that many people need for the rest of their life. Just own one of these headphones and plug in and forget about everything else. It's your ears and the music. Enjoy a fine glass of Chianti and fava beans and savor the sound.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 11
The SR60i is a great headphone all around. It sounds great with just about any source, and it is very mod-friendly if you decide to be adventurous. Replacing the cable, rear grille, venting the drivers, and swapping the pads to bowls improves the sound quality exponentially (check out my post in the Grado mod thread).

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #8 of 11
They are great, but i also like to go back to the ksc75s from time to time, i might like them a bit better. Maybe i need to get to modding the 60s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back