Bought my 100th cd today, do you remember yours?
Oct 10, 2001 at 7:14 PM Post #16 of 21
My first CD was Ry Cooder's Jazz, probably picked up at the high end shop where I bought my first player - a Dennon. Where the heck is that CD?

Oct 18, 2001 at 6:22 AM Post #17 of 21
I remember not having any particular desire to get into CD at all. I was rather heavily into vinyl. Sometime in the mid-80's a friend of mine bought me Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" on CD as a gag present. It irked me having it sitting there, and being unable to play it, so I had to go out and buy a CD player...

Oct 18, 2001 at 8:11 PM Post #18 of 21
MacDEF: You weren't paying attention, eh?

You just have too many CDs if you're not counting!

Gimme some.

biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2001 at 12:24 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by BenG
Here's a crazy first CD purchase: Tupac "Me Against the World" & Dave Brubeck "Time out"

I should've got the vinyl and mixed "Blue Rondo ala Turk"w/ "**** the World".

that'd be really cool! I can't wait for some good quality and reasonably priced CD mixing systems to come out... i could have some fun with that...

Oct 27, 2001 at 12:48 AM Post #20 of 21
I dont remember my 100th CD... (I'm reaching 900 now), but I just checked my list and the title indexed at #100 is this one... "100CURE (THE)KISS ME KISS ME KISS ME"

Not exactly what you meant, but it's still a 100.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm nice one... I'll have to dig it out, now I'm in the mood for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2001 at 8:49 AM Post #21 of 21
Well, I started listening to music at a VERY late age, it was three years ago and I was 14, my first CD was Puff Daddy's Forever, and the first year I listened to a lot of Pop, R&B and hip-hop recordings. Starting from last year where I went to a new school and made new friends, they introduced me to this Rock genre, I hated Metal at the first place, Our Lady Peace, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and No Doubt were bands that I fell in love with. I don't think I'll be reaching my 100th any time soon, I'm currently on my......what? 30th maybe, I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back