Bought K171 today: First impressions
Jan 19, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #16 of 22
Hopefully it will mean "fire sale" prices on old stock.

Jan 19, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #17 of 22
What do you think about putting the headphones over a few books to lessen the clamping force(read this somewhere on head-fi)? I did this but I don't know if this is too much:

71655vk.jpg

Should I use less books/Shouldn't I do this at all?

Jan 20, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely the best looking AKG imho
smily_headphones1.gif

No, the K271s looks better
tongue.gif
Don't tell me they look the same but that the 271's are bigger than the 171's, the 271's just look better! (incidentally I only own the 271's
biggrin.gif
)

Mar 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #19 of 22
Resurrecting this thread, as I'm looking at portable closed phones and I wonder if the K171 have enough isolation, as I really like them. Keeping all the info in a single thread (provided one of the few owners give their impressions) seems a better choice for future searchers.

Mar 23, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ludoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Resurrecting this thread, as I'm looking at portable closed phones and I wonder if the K171 have enough isolation, as I really like them. Keeping all the info in a single thread (provided one of the few owners give their impressions) seems a better choice for future searchers.

The K171 isolates very well. I wouldn't call it portable though, more like transportable.

Mar 23, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K171 isolates very well. I wouldn't call it portable though, more like transportable.

They don't seem that big... Are you saying that because they don't fold, or because they tend to strangle you if you wear them around your neck?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ludoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't seem that big... Are you saying that because they don't fold, or because they tend to strangle you if you wear them around your neck?
smily_headphones1.gif

It's true that they aren't really that portable, mostly because of the typical AKG self-adjusting headband but for me they are the perfect portable headphone.
They sound good, they look nice (at least in my opinion), they are very sturdy and comfortable.
They are portable enough for me butIf you want to be really portable I'd recommend in-ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back