Bought a SP Supra SE - how good is it?
Jan 7, 2009 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tyson

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,
I decided to spend a bit above my budget and get a Single Power Supra SE (capable of 400v), with a switched attenuator. How good is this amp? Anyone have experience with it?

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 9
It is amazing amp. I know that SP's reputation is not that good right now but this amp sounds amazing. I know this amp very well and it worked great on every headphones I used with it, including the R10, L3000, and HD-650. You will have to contact Mikhail and order a tube adapter ECC type 1. This adapter will allow you to roll input tubes such as 6044, 7062s, and 12AX7, 12AY7s and many more. I found this amp to be more dynamics and superior sounding to the Zana Deux and stock Woo Audio 5.

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is amazing amp. I know that SP's reputation is not that good right now but this amp sounds amazing. I know this amp very well and it worked great on every headphones I used with it, including the R10, L3000, and HD-650. You will have to contact Mikhail and order a tube adapter ECC type 1. This adapter will allow you to roll input tubes such as 6044, 7062s, and 12AX7, 12AY7s and many more. I found this amp to be more dynamics and superior sounding to the Zana Deux and stock Woo Audio 5.

That is really saying something. The Zana is one of my favorite amps, it really kicks. So the Supra must be simply amazing. Tyson, I think you made a great purchase.

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #5 of 9
I haven't gotten it yet (seller is shipping it today or tomorrow), and I'm about to sell off ALL my other amps (and headphones) to finance it, and wanted to make sure it's as good as I hope it is before doing that.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #7 of 9
I have a Supra (not the SE version) and it sounds absolutely amazing with my Senn HD-650s. Previously, I owned the PPX3. The Supra was a huge improvement in all areas including, dynamics, frequency range, detail and soundstage.

I think you should be very happy with the amp.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks all, I'm feeling better and better about the money spent on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back