1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX & Mainline

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by loquah, Sep 24, 2013.
First

Back
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last
  1. Loquah

So true. I've even contemplated a new Crack build just so I can have all three again, but I think that's more about a love of the product than an actual need [​IMG]

+1 in thanks to Doc!

2. Doc B.
    Thank you for the kind words! The jump from the early S.E.X. 2.0 iron to the current iron is pretty dramatic, an octave or two of bass dynamics is improved. If you guys ever get tired of your LCDs and HD-800s with S.E.X. and Mainline, there's always the K1000s and the Neothoriator.

3. bigfatpaulie

I guess I am a little slow...  But is that kit available for purchase?  

4. DDDamian
    But...but....then I won't have the shekels to get the Mainline!!

In all seriousness I am very happy with the upgrade, and proud to sport the BH logo on two amps each with their mods and their sweetspots for cans. Cannot recommend enough. Keep up the good work Team Bottlehead.

5. Doc B.
    Neo is not a kit. It's a custom order amp, and our best.

6. Aeolus Kratos
    http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=7888.0

above is the link leading to the Neothoriator for those who are interested :D

7. ZachPtheDude
    Is there anything wrong with paralleling two matched 1uf capacitors to get a 2uf value for the parafeed cap in my SEX? I've searched the web but can't find anything specific.

8. JamieMcC
    No go for it I had did the same for a while on my Sex. What caps are you going to try?

9. bigfatpaulie

I have no doubt :)

Will it ever be available as a more "advanced skill level" kit? I just need you to release a new for me to buy!

10. Rayvolution
    Can anyone provide me with the wiring diagram for the 8ohm configuration on the S.E.X 2.1 output transformers? I want to try it out since I can't turn the knob very much on my LCD 2. I have mine wired at 32 ohm right now but in over a years time I've lost the CD.

11. DDDamian

I can hook you up - PM me. BTW another option is a few resistors to attenuate the volume a bit. Either way, PM.

12. Doc B.
    Right now PB is the only one qualified to build a Neo and we are still figuring out small details as we go. It's not really something we planned to do as a kit. We do have a couple of new kit ideas brewing though, hopefully for release this fall.

13. DDDamian
    There is a queue forming on the left, wallets out :wink:

14. adamaley
    I used to be a Crack baby, now I'm on an Audeze for S.E.X. Playing with a new lens for my camera:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132977578@N03/19677872451/in/dateposted-public/

15. DDDamian
    Nice pic. What an amazing combo eh? Listening to that pairing now with Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat. Does very well with acoustic guitar.

First

Back
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last