Boston area around Thanksgiving?
Nov 10, 2001 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DanG

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone,

I'll be home in Boston for Thanksgiving break (from the night of Tuesday the 20th to Sunday the 25th) and I was wondering if Boston-area Head-Files wanted to meet up in Boston just to get to know each other? I'll probably want to see my old friends for a while so I don't think a full-fledged electronics fest would work out, but a 2-3 hour meeting would be fun. Please respond to this thread, e-mail me, or pm me if you're interested!

Dan

Nov 11, 2001 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 8
My parents / immediate family live in New Hampshire. I'm currently in Boston, however, as I'm a student attending Boston University. As it turns out, one of the few times that I won't be here (Boston) is over Thanksgiving break. It is close enough, though.

What were your plans for the meeting? If it's something I think could be worthwhile, I might be able to stop by. I really am quite new to most of this stuff, however; I got a pair of Grado SR-80's a month ago, and so far that's been it.

Let me know if there's any development on this.

Nov 12, 2001 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 8
I'd go to the meeting if/when it happens!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2001 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 8
I went to BU (Academy) for high school -- you're the third BU-affiliated person I've met on Head-Fi and Headwize. Imagine that.
wink.gif

Anyway, I envisioned the meeting to be more of a social get-together than an equipment showcase. I'd really like to catch up on civilized life, see my old high school again, and as I said in the first post, hang out with my high school and home friends.

I thought that perhaps on the weekend of the 24-25 we could all meet at a coffee shop or some restaurant for lunch and maybe bring our portable rigs so that there's some semblance of a headphone meeting.
smily_headphones1.gif
In any case, everyone, keep posting if you'd like to meet some other Head-Finauts!

Nov 17, 2001 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 8
Anyone else interested? This is going to be a very relaxed meeting with no reviewing expected to come out of it -- just to get to know each other, so maybe later on (I'm thinking summer) we could have a more-formal gathering with home equipment.

Nov 18, 2001 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 8
This sounds very interesting, I might be able to make it on the 25th - I will have to run up to work and request the day off now though. I don't live too far away (Nashua NH) but far enough to need to take the day off
frown.gif

Nov 19, 2001 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 8
Well, I took they day off (Sunday), so I am able to come barring a scheduling error. Who else is a definate yes? We need to figure out where to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back