Bose Triports used for Torture
Mar 19, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Sharks.

And you know, when I first made "Bose Hitler" I got PM'd by this guy who told me "Cut the Hitler stuff, you little puke... I don't like it!"

eek.gif

Careful, all you little pukes! He may be watching now!

I don't understand some people, and to be blunt, this shouldn't even be related to anything really offensive if you can take a joke, it should just be considered Hitler with bose headphones on, nothing more, nothing less.

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #34 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I don't understand some people, and to be blunt, this shouldn't even be related to anything really offensive if you can take a joke, it should just be considered Hitler with bose headphones on, nothing more, nothing less.

Pretty much. The original caption was:

"Vintage 1930s Bose advertisement."

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #35 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Pretty much. The original caption was:

"Vintage 1930s Bose advertisement."

I seriously still don't find that offensive.

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #36 of 54
I think this 24 torture thing with the triports is hilarious, however this Hitler thing isn't, not because it's offensive, but because it's kind of ridiculous.

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #37 of 54
or you can get the new qc2 with cables pre-ripped out of the drivers!
tongue.gif

4484l3da.jpg

(ruggedly handsome businessman sold sperately)

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter

Darn...
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #39 of 54
I'm curious if you guys who hate triports ever owned one, or at least heard it for at least a week at home with an open mind (listening at Best Buy don't count).

Bose triports are cheaply made and overpriced, but they don't sound bad at all. They are extremely featherlight, very comfortable, and faithful to the Bose house sound-- i.e. they sound hollow and somewhat treble recessed (though I perceive this as warmth-- dt880 lovers may call it muddy, but to me the dt880 sounds too analytical and solid state without using a tube amp).

Anyway, it looks like Bose improved the triports. The plastic hands are now way thicker, since there's been soo many complains of them breaking after a few weeks.

So there. I like triports. Flame away.
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #40 of 54
I think Bose has some sort of licensing agreement with the show (triports show up in lots of other episodes). The horror, the horror!

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #42 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
or you can get the new qc2 with cables pre-ripped out of the drivers!
tongue.gif

4484l3da.jpg

LOL.So how much more are the pre ripped version?
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
That's funny! Torture by Triports! It must've been quite a comfy experience. You probably couldn't hear your own screaming either LOL. This is Triport-bashing at its very best!

DISCLAIMER: I've always wanted a pair of Triports just to see what they're like, but I've never got round to getting one! I respect Bose, their products and their efforts and I don't mean to make this a personal attack on anyone.

Try an Apple store. Here in the US they all have Triports on display and connected to iPods.

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
I thought that Triport torture thing was funny. Am I the only one?
confused.gif

Oh yeah it's hilarious! ...and quite fitting!

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #45 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
What's more painful to an audiophoile, wearing bose triports or swimming with sharks?

I'd take the sharks anyday......

[size=xx-small]if I were in a cage[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back