Bose Triports used for Torture
Mar 19, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #17 of 54
That's funny! Torture by Triports! It must've been quite a comfy experience. You probably couldn't hear your own screaming either LOL. This is Triport-bashing at its very best!

DISCLAIMER: I've always wanted a pair of Triports just to see what they're like, but I've never got round to getting one! I respect Bose, their products and their efforts and I don't mean to make this a personal attack on anyone.

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #18 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
That's funny! Torture by Triports! It must've been quite a comfy experience. You probably couldn't hear your own screaming either LOL. This is Triport-bashing at its very best!

DISCLAIMER: I've always wanted a pair of Triports just to see what they're like, but I've never got round to getting one! I respect Bose, their products and their efforts and I don't mean to make this a personal attack on anyone.

I'm letting a pair go cheaply (atleast half the MSRP), but I only am doing it locally unforteuntly. I found the comfort crap to be a total lie, they come NO WHERE NEAR my hd595's, or any senn pair i've tried (580,600,595,650.) I got an ear infection the next day ever time I wore the triport, or atleast an ear infection suffering pain, with my glandes (around my throat more a less) all sore and in pain. I seem to be the only one with this problem, but I've been wearing hd595's for about 12 hours now and I have no pain or suffering at all.

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #19 of 54
i understand they had 20 pairs of triports for that scene. each time the actor moved his head, the triport would explode in a shower of cheap plastic parts. but even the suggestion of using another phone cause the producers pain, deep pain, getting worse and worse...
attachment.php

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #20 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I'm letting a pair go cheaply (atleast half the MSRP), but I only am doing it locally unforteuntly. I found the comfort crap to be a total lie, they come NO WHERE NEAR my hd595's, or any senn pair i've tried (580,600,595,650.) I got an ear infection the next day ever time I wore the triport, or atleast an ear infection suffering pain, with my glandes (around my throat more a less) all sore and in pain. I seem to be the only one with this problem, but I've been wearing hd595's for about 12 hours now and I have no pain or suffering at all.

Haha...I think you happen to have an acute allergy to Bose Triports. They are probably the best way to torture a well-seasoned Head-Fi'er.

(Yay! 1k posts!)

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #22 of 54
Visogodo, torture cannot simply be dismissed out of hand. The human ability not to speak can be a very powerful tool. The human ability to hurt someone until he speaks, in the end, is the only method strong enough to defeat the silence.

This statement neither justifies or condemns torture. But merely states the strategical fact of the matter.

An idea I might add, that 24 is more willing to explore, than you, my good man.

Frip

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #24 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Haha...I think you happen to have an acute allergy to Bose Triports. They are probably the best way to torture a well-seasoned Head-Fi'er.

(Yay! 1k posts!)

I think it is just the design is made to enclose on your ears and put pressure on your face. If you even try to tweak them, you'll break the headband (so many cases of broken headbands), and the sound is just awful, uncomfertable, everything about them. I'm not even a real audio guy, I just bought my first pair of decent headphones (595's) yesturday. BTW, i'm near 100 posts in 3 days. Isn't that some really amazing posting? None of it is spam either
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #26 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
I thought that Triport torture thing was funny. Am I the only one?
confused.gif

I thought it was funny becasue to me, wearing those for 30 minutes resulted in a lot of pain, not just from the sound.

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:08 PM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by photek
funny topic. It would be even funnier if they put the triports in Saw III or something

What's more painful to an audiophoile, wearing bose triports or swimming with sharks?

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #30 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
What's more painful to an audiophoile, wearing bose triports or swimming with sharks?

Sharks.

And you know, when I first made "Bose Hitler" I got PM'd by this guy who told me "Cut the Hitler stuff, you little puke... I don't like it!"

eek.gif

Careful, all you little pukes! He may be watching now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back