Bose TriPort or Grado SR60/SR80 ?
May 23, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #63 of 81
Congrats on your purchase. I hope you get many years of happy listening from the Grados.

Surprised by the largely temperate comments in this thread. I own a pair of Bose OE and they'er excellent for communting on the subway. In your place I would've also have chosen the Grados, especially at that amazing price (for us Canadians, the SR-60's go for double what you paid!).

May 23, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #66 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by leo5111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where is a good online dealer to get allessandros ??

You can order them directly from Alessandro only. Search Alessandro in google and it should be one of the first links, if not the first.

May 23, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #67 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by WiZ83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, so that's the only difference? Is the bowl pads worth $25 extra? Can the comfies be replaced through personal mod? It'd be great if I could do minor mods to save money.

And what about the Alessandro MS-1? How do they compare to SR60 and SR80? They cost $99, as opposed to SR80's $95, so I want to know how they compare. I've read mixed reviews, some say it's basically the same as SR80, some say they're similar to SR125. The bad thing is, I can't find a place locally that I could test these Grado and/or Alessandro. Anyone know any shops that sell these around Iowa?

Since I've got an amp, so SR80 would work right? But what if, I decide to plug it into my iPod? Will it sound good without Amp? I've read reviews a lot of people complain about the design, but I don't care how it looks, as long as I enjoy the music. I don't give a damn what others think I look like, I'm the one enjoying the music, not others.

And like I said, I used to own HD580, anyone know how they sound compared to HD580?

So it looks like I'm gonna have to return my Bose TriPort to BestBuy. So, before I do that, I'd place an order, and return the Bose TriPort as soon as I receive my new headphones, since I get 30 days money back guarantee (no questions asked). I'm gonna hope the next headphone I order would be significantly better than this Bose, and hope it'd be close to the HD580 that I used to own. Still deciding SR60/SR80/MS-1, need more input.

Yes! this is it!

Grab the MS-1s!! they are the greatest headphones for that price! just everyone that holds one will say miracles of this things! have mines now on, and cant take them out!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Go get ones and forget evrything eles!!

i help you:

www.alessandro-products.com/headphones.html

Go foro these ones, if you regret, you can sell them in here for the same you paid for them!
biggrin.gif
people ere just love those!

Cheers man!

May 23, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #68 of 81
Quote:

Just received my SR60 from J&R. I ordered it 2 Saturdays ago, and they shipped it out last Friday. I'm kind of disappointed with J&R's service.

Anyway, the headphones sounds pretty good. The mids and highs are really good, but it lacks bass.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied.

Try popping on a pair of Sennheiser HD414 pads.

Also, Grado have a 32 Ohm Impedance, so they might not be suitable for use with your amp - Have you tried them without the amp to see which sounds better to you?

May 23, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #69 of 81
Quote:

The SR60 doesn't block any sound at all. When I listen to my music full blast, I can even hear the sound outside my room. LOL ... oh well ....

Same with the MS-1s. No isolation whatsoever. I actually find it kind of annoying, living in New York where silence simply doesn't exist.

May 25, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #72 of 81
Quote:

The SR60 doesn't block any sound at all. When I listen to my music full blast, I can even hear the sound outside my room. LOL ... oh well ....

this is going a bit far. grado's don't "block" sound in the cancelation sense, but the foam pads and music pumping in your ear do a pretty good job at masking most everyday noises.

May 25, 2007 at 10:08 AM Post #73 of 81
Quote:

Are there any simple and cheap mods that will make my SR60 more bassy?

Try popping on a pair of Sennheiser HD414 pads as I mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back