Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement
Jul 30, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #121 of 186
  ^ I agree with everything you just said.

me too, the reason everything sounds better from an amp for me, has to do with signal quality. 9/10 your E18 is going to be better than any consumer grade music player, now some of the Audio Phile Daps aren't too bad, but even then, like my hm801 the on board amp sounds like schiit, the on board Dac souds glorious, I feed taht epic dac signal into my balanced amp and it's heavenly

so beacuse all in one units have to make comprises to have "more function" I usually find it's best to seperate the sound as best I can, seperate Dac, Amp fed into a can

but this is talkinga bout portables

I have a GIANT and stupid heavy Audio GD combo unit that sounds great, but it's like 35lbs or something stupid, and rather large. Pretty sure KingWa didn't scarfice to much during the build lol

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #122 of 186
Hahaha, agreed Mshenay. And the E18 putts a surprising amount of kick into cans. 320mw at 32 ohms or something like that?

(btw, do you use an E18 with beyer DT880's? I'm thinking of that combo but haven't heard much about)

An amp with 100 mw of clean, beautiful power is better than 5 Watts of class D, op-amp, oscillating, crummy voltage with interference any day.

I'd love to try get an Audio-gd amp, even just a compass 2, but a dorm room and college budget just doesn't allow for it!

Happy Listening
beyersmile.png

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #123 of 186
i hate class D amps for my speakers. i prefer digital ones.

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #124 of 186
What do you mean by digital ones?

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #125 of 186
i hate class D amps for my speakers. i prefer digital ones.

Uhm, 'digital' ?  There is no such thing as a true digital amp (I know of Tripath's chip quite well). Class D/T are often (wrongly) called 'digital' because they can be digitally controlled. Some amps are just more digital than others.

beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #126 of 186
I don't like them... but this is coming from a guy who's been wearing an AKG K140 in public the past 2 days. 
akg k240 everyday for me lol.

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #127 of 186
Jul 30, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #128 of 186
haha lol. i have been thinking actually, if such great ANC belonged to great headphone companies like Sennheiser, the result would probably be the best sounding ANC can ever
I'd buy that... Also akg would be good. They seem to be aiming at consumers as of late, namely the K545 etc. Maybe sennheiser or some other company should spend some cash on a technology to "beats" Bose. (bad pun lol) anyways, I think a good idea would be to have some insane sound blocking materials on them that block vibrations, and use an ANC MIC configuration that Bose doesn't own... I say some sound absorbing materials on the inside of the cup to increase spectral decay, and come up with a design that allows it to have a big soundstage and maybe incorporate some of the tech on the hd800 into it, like how the hd800 has the sound waves hit your ears a short time apart, so it gives you a sense of depth and layering... I would buy that most definitely.

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #129 of 186
I'd buy that... Also akg would be good. They seem to be aiming at consumers as of late, namely the K545 etc. Maybe sennheiser or some other company should spend some cash on a technology to "beats" Bose. (bad pun lol) anyways, I think a good idea would be to have some insane sound blocking materials on them that block vibrations, and use an ANC MIC configuration that Bose doesn't own... I say some sound absorbing materials on the inside of the cup to increase spectral decay, and come up with a design that allows it to have a big soundstage and maybe incorporate some of the tech on the hd800 into it, like how the hd800 has the sound waves hit your ears a short time apart, so it gives you a sense of depth and layering... I would buy that most definitely.

All that = Two. Kilobuck. Can.

And I think you're gonna regret purchasing these babies over your beloved K812.

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #130 of 186
All that = Two. Kilobuck. Can.

And I think you're gonna regret purchasing these babies over your beloved K812.
that's not a 2k$ can lol. Does it sound like the idea is 2000$? Nah. It would be about the same as a qc15. I mean, the only technology sennheiser would have to research is the material for blocking sound, (they just need to try different materials lol. Don't really need to invent any. Already a ton out there.) the material for absorbing sound and the texture they apply to the material to get the most out of it, the microphone configuration (wouldnt have to be super good. Just enough to get rid of noise that manages to get through.) and the drivers. Not as much work as researching an Orpheus or K1000 lol.

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #131 of 186
that's not a 2k$ can lol. Does it sound like the idea is 2000$? Nah. It would be about the same as a qc15. I mean, the only technology sennheiser would have to research is the material for blocking sound, (they just need to try different materials lol. Don't really need to invent any. Already a ton out there.) the material for absorbing sound and the texture they apply to the material to get the most out of it, the microphone configuration (wouldnt have to be super good. Just enough to get rid of noise that manages to get through.) and the drivers. Not as much work as researching an Orpheus or K1000 lol.

Well, I assumed that when you said "incorporating some of the tech from the hd800" you also meant adding the drivers in, so that's pretty much a kilobuck at least.

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #132 of 186

Uhm, 'digital' ?  There is no such thing as a true digital amp (I know of Tripath's chip quite well). Class D/T are often (wrongly) called 'digital' because they can be digitally controlled. Some amps are just more digital than others.

beerchug.gif

Maybe he means a "power dac"?

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #134 of 186
For a complete breakdown on the Bose lawsuit, check out the soundandvision.com home page, which breaks it all down and even conducted some real world tests on the 2 brands. There is also a link to the 5 patent infringes Bose has alledged constitutes patent infringement.
As a very frequent traveller, I haven't noticed many Beats headphones on the traveling public. But Bose QC15's are well represented on every flight.

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #135 of 186
Using FiiO E18 to drive HD 800 as well. Planning to get a proper amp soon. Digital amp is an amp that amplifies the digital signal, not the analogue one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back