Bose SoundTrue vs ATH-M50x
Jun 26, 2015 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

pawKer

New Head-Fier
Hello guys! I have started looking for some headphones a while back and I think I have narrowed it down to these two models.They both fit my price range and have good reviews(they do tend to look better for the M50's.I haven't listened to neither of them but I may get a chance in a couple of weeks.Although I did listen to a pair of an older model Bose over-ear noise cancelling headphones which sounded great.
I will be using the headphones to listen to music on my iphone/ipod/laptop and also watch some movies with them on.
I am looking forward for your recommendations/opinions !

Jun 27, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 24
The M50X would generally be considered a better headphone than the Bose SoundTrue.

What is your overall budget for headphones? What kind of music do you like to listen to?

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 24
To my ears, the QC15 sounds far better than the M50x, especially when you replace the stock cable with a normal headphone cable. (Never heard the SoundTrue.) But I would recommend the Yamaha HPH-MT220 over either of them, no contest. For awhile it was $150 from some stores, but it has apparently been discontinued and is now available for $230-250. Even if that's outside your budget, I would still suggest saving up a bit more, because it blows away the others.

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 24
My budget is 200€.I mostly listen to trap/d&b/dubstep/house and ocasionally some classic rock albums.I guess a little more 'umph' in the bass would be appreciated.This would be my first pair of over ear headphones :D.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 24
My budget is 200€.I mostly listen to trap/d&b/dubstep/house and ocasionally some classic rock albums.I guess a little more 'umph' in the bass would be appreciated.This would be my first pair of over ear headphones :D.

M50x would suit your music and budget just fine, they have more bass and more treble than the Bose.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #7 of 24
The M50x sounds really bad compared to the MT220, which is superior in every way that I can tell. The MT220 has more punch and power in the bass, whereas the M50x is just boomy, bloated, and muddy.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #8 of 24
For me,one flaw of the M50's would be not having a remote/mic on the cable.I think I'd really use that but I think I can live without it if the sound quality is good.
Also,as I said in the first post, I'm going to a music shop in another city(a bigger one :) ) to listen to everything you guys recommend here.It's hard making a decision without even knowing how they sound.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #9 of 24
For me,one flaw of the M50's would be not having a remote/mic on the cable.I think I'd really use that but I think I can live without it if the sound quality is good.
Also,as I said in the first post, I'm going to a music shop in another city(a bigger one :) ) to listen to everything you guys recommend here.It's hard making a decision without even knowing how they sound.

You can get a remote/mic for the m50x for $20 if you absolutely need it. I don't think the bass is muddy, the treble energy and extension is pretty good but yeah the mids are more recessed than those yamahas(which I didn't like) and the bass bump is good for movies.

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #12 of 24
Hey guys ! I can proudly say that I am the owner of a pair of M50x's.I love them so far and I feel they were a really good choice.I am listening to them on my iphone and the sound is incredible but the bass does only seem to pop out at higher volumes but when it does it is incredible, way over the open back Senheisers in this price range.They are also very comfortable and do not seem affect the head even after long periods of usage.I went a little bit over budget and bought the Dark Green limited edition.Thank you so much for your help !

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #13 of 24
Hey guys ! I can proudly say that I am the owner of a pair of M50x's.I love them so far and I feel they were a really good choice.I am listening to them on my iphone and the sound is incredible but the bass does only seem to pop out at higher volumes but when it does it is incredible, way over the open back Senheisers in this price range.They are also very comfortable and do not seem affect the head even after long periods of usage.I went a little bit over budget and bought the Dark Green limited edition.Thank you so much for your help !

Ohhh....I bet those dark green ones look nice. :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back