Bose Quietcomfort2
Oct 23, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #31 of 36
Being unable to hear the baby and wife can't be a good thing. If you want great sound for movies and music, return the Bose QC2, and go with a comfortable, open, circumaural headphone like the Sennheiser 600/650 or AKG 501. Then, when you’re ready, Grado will be waiting for you!

Oct 23, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #32 of 36
Noise isolation is much better than noise cancellation. Instead of creating negative frequencies to cancel out noise, it acts like and ear plug and physically blocks out noise. Also, noise canceling headphones usually need a battery to operate, whereas IEM's don't. Noise cancellation can often result in distortion in the sound reproduction as well.

Jan 20, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #33 of 36
I dont have much experience in head-fi but I do have a MS-1 currently which I like a lot.
First of all its priced at $500 in India (I am from India). Sound was not bad.
Compared to the Triports its much much better.
My question is:
1. What should be the actual price of QC2 going by pure sound quality.

2. Considering the fact that I liked its headstage and also the brightness/forwardness was just right for my liking. WHICH HEADPHONES WOULD YOU RECCOMMEND TO ME. I do like my MS-1 but sometimes it sounds overtly bright/forward so I want to buy another headphone which has a better soundstage, less brighter than my MS-1 (without compromising on highs) and good rich BASS. Which is the one for me ?

Jan 20, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #34 of 36
You too can join the Bose-o-phile club! Click here: http://bose.perfectprize.com/qccontest/

You know you've arrived when you fly in "Bose Class".
rolleyes.gif
This contest illustrates that Bose-snob attitude that people have mentioned here. Snobbery is always annoying (and I'm sure I'm guilty of it sometimes), but it is especially irksome when it surrounds a mediocre, overmarketed product.

Jan 22, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #35 of 36
Don't mess with bose...'cause they'll turn you into a stuffed bear!

01_1.JPG

[size=xx-small]*note sunglasses hiding tears.
[/size]

Jan 22, 2006 at 9:41 AM Post #36 of 36
tradja: and it features terrible "it must be poetry because the author twisted the language until it broke in order to make it rhyme". Argh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back