Bose QuietComfort 15 VS Sennhesier HD598 VS AKG K550,551 ?
Jul 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cyyoung749

New Head-Fier
Hi im looking for a headphone with budget maximum of 300. After a little reasearching decided to go with 3 headphones above.
All the headphones seems to have good reviews and resonable price for its quality so im not sure which one i should get.
I will use it pretty much everyday when i go to work on subway,car,trip, noisy street and also on bed before i go to sleep.
Please give me a good recommendation! Thanks

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 8
Both the AKG and Sennheiser headphones are not that great at blocking outside noise.  I have heard the QC15 and I really like them as a solution to noisy environments.  They are also quite comfortable.  I used them at PAX West as well and was very impressed at how the sealed away the outside noisy environment.

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 8
Thank you for the reply! Will listening to non noise cancelling headphones ruin my music outside? Other than Noise cancelling, does the bose have good quality sounds compare to akg,sennhesier? I really have alot of questions since im a noob.

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 8
I was not able to conduct a direct comparison, but I was very impressed by the sound coming from the QC15.

You could compare the following graphs and decide for yourself:

QC15
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BoseQuietComfort15.pdf

Sennheiser HD598
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD598.pdf

There is no doubt looking at the graphs that the HD598 measure much better.  It has a more flat frequency response and more defined square wave response at 300 Hz, but this is expected.  The QC15 is a headphone for those wanting good sound in noisy environments.  The HD598 has no isolation at all.

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 8
As said above they have very different uses. The Sennheiser's are pretty Much useless outdoors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back