Bose QC1's or Bose Triport IE's?
Nov 26, 2008 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

mbarry

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I was wondering, in your opinion, if price is out of the question and based solely on sound quality/reproduction which one do you think is better; The Bose Quietcomfort 1's or the Triport In Ears?

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 49
Where's the 'Neither - I'd rather plunge a heated knitting needle into both ears...' option? This poll precludes 90% of Head-Fi without it!
icon10.gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 49
Wrong website.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 49
C. iBuds

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'Neither - I'd rather plunge a heated knitting needle into both ears...'

^^ my vote
tongue.gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #7 of 49
Quote:

Where's the 'Neither - I'd rather plunge a heated knitting needle into both ears...' option? This poll precludes 90% of Head-Fi without it!
icon10.gif

x3

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 49
There are tens if not hundreds of better phones in both of your required areas for the same price or less than the bose.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 49
Quote:

icon10.gif

x5

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #10 of 49
Quote:

icon10.gif

x 4.
tongue.gif

But seriously, what kind of sound are you after? As everybody else has said, there are way better value for money headphones/IEMs out there.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #11 of 49
I could not vote for either of the two at this time.

Why?

Because I have not listened extensively enough to either one to judge. Their tips fit poorly in a lot of people's ears, resulting in a poor seal. And earplug-type headphones lose sound if the seal isn't perfect. Both of those are poor designs for "IEMs", to say the least: They deliver much less isolation than even a hybrid "bud-type" IEM, let alone a true deep-insertion IEM.

Quote:

icon10.gif

I will not go that far in my opinion of these Bose in-ears (or any other headphones from any brand, for that matter). However, I do agree with the overwhelming opinion that the Bose 'phones as a line are poor values compared to most other brands: They cost too much money for such undistinguished performance.

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #14 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullPointerException /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your lucky you came here before buying either one of those

I wouldn't say so.
Bose owners are generally equally, or more content with their headphones than people who's spent couple grands here on headfi.
ignorance is bliss

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #15 of 49
Yes, but they are ignorant. Doesn't seem like a good trade-off to me.

Kind of like eating hamburgers from McDonald's all your life, and calling it real food. People would just pity you for never having tasted a real burger, not to mention steak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back