Bose QC15 + wind
Sep 2, 2015 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RestlessIP

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I recently got a Bose QC15, I wanted to try it out on my scooter so I don't have to turn the volume all the way up. But I noticed the QC let's wind through or something, I thought it was the microphones but when I hold my hand over it while driving, I still hear the wind. When I completely cover the earpad it stops though. I was wondering if there is any modification of some sort, to stop it from letting wind through..

Anyone got any experience with this?

Cheers!

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 3
First of all, I really do hope you aren't using headphones (let alone an ANC headphone) while operating a motor vehicle - that's illegal in many jurisdictions, and for good reason: it's very dangerous.

That said, the QC15 have more than one microphone, and it has also been my experience that they don't do a great job with wind/a lot of air blowing at them (e.g. stand in front of a fan). As far as I know it is due to the ANC circuitry not a lack of physical isolation - you could test this with a fan or some other "source of wind" and switch them (the cans) off; they should provide moderate passive isolation. Of course, they don't operate with the ANC powered off.

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 3
First of all, I really do hope you aren't using headphones (let alone an ANC headphone) while operating a motor vehicle - that's illegal in many jurisdictions, and for good reason: it's very dangerous.

That said, the QC15 have more than one microphone, and it has also been my experience that they don't do a great job with wind/a lot of air blowing at them (e.g. stand in front of a fan). As far as I know it is due to the ANC circuitry not a lack of physical isolation - you could test this with a fan or some other "source of wind" and switch them (the cans) off; they should provide moderate passive isolation. Of course, they don't operate with the ANC powered off.

It's legal here, and I can still hear my own engine, sirens, and car horns. I've checked for this already. And this is unfortunate, so I can better use my Kef M500 for the scooter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back