Bose QC stops playing?
Aug 18, 2015 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

RestlessIP

New Head-Fier
Heya everyone,

I had the chance to purchase a brand new pair of Bose QC15's for 99 euro's. 
I love the noise cancelling it works great! But I notice when I adjust it, and it get's pressed a little to hard on the ears, the sound drops for about a second or less, is this considered 'normal'? 

It creates like a vacuum I think around my ears (untill the air gets pushed out) and then it continues playing like nothing happened...

Any thoughts?

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #2 of 11
Yes, normal. Air needs to move around in the chamber and when it gets pushed out of such a tight seal the driver isn't as free to move until air gets sucked back in. Not very scientific explanation but your headphones are just fine.

Aug 22, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 11
Is it also normal that if I hit the headband, more like tap it with my finger it stops playing for a second?

Edit: I think if I would wear it while cycling or whatever it would stop playing a LOT...

Aug 22, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 11
Hmm, I'm not sure. I owned the QC15 for years and never experienced any of this. When I first saw the thread title, I was just going to say it's probably the battery dying out, but that's clearly not the case. So the audio stops entirely? Or just partially?

Aug 22, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 11
  Hmm, I'm not sure. I owned the QC15 for years and never experienced any of this. When I first saw the thread title, I was just going to say it's probably the battery dying out, but that's clearly not the case. So the audio stops entirely? Or just partially?

It stops playing like it's having a bad connection, I'm thinking wire breakage? I noticed it's getting more sensitive. I took it off and only touched the headphones and it stopped playing like it's lagging.
The same thing, like if the sound is lagging when you play from the computer.. 

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 11
  It stops playing like it's having a bad connection, I'm thinking wire breakage? I noticed it's getting more sensitive. I took it off and only touched the headphones and it stopped playing like it's lagging.
The same thing, like if the sound is lagging when you play from the computer.. 

You said you got it brand new, so it should have warranty coverage. I recommend contacting Bose about this issue. They may be able to fix or replace it for you. It doesn't appear to be a cable issue, but just in case, use any other headphone cables you have, to see if the problem persists. Speaking of that...normal headphone cables sound much better than the QC15 stock cables, which have electronics that interfere with the signal and harm the sound quality. However, you may need to wrap toilet paper around the connector shell of the normal headphone cable to keep it in place. This also switches the channels due to the active internal circuitry of the headphones.

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 11

You said you got it brand new, so it should have warranty coverage. I recommend contacting Bose about this issue. They may be able to fix or replace it for you. It doesn't appear to be a cable issue, but just in case, use any other headphone cables you have, to see if the problem persists. Speaking of that...normal headphone cables sound much better than the QC15 stock cables, which have electronics that interfere with the signal and harm the sound quality. However, you may need to wrap toilet paper around the connector shell of the normal headphone cable to keep it in place. This also switches the channels due to the active internal circuitry of the headphones.

I thnik it's the cable from one earcup to the other. I got it brand new, warranty is not via Bose since this was a replacement product, warranty goes from the store. I'll contact them, after switching batteries. I couldn't find them so fast and it's about 4 AM here so can't make too much noise searching for some.

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 11
  I thnik it's the cable from one earcup to the other. I got it brand new, warranty is not via Bose since this was a replacement product, warranty goes from the store. I'll contact them, after switching batteries. I couldn't find them so fast and it's about 4 AM here so can't make too much noise searching for some.

Okay, good luck!
normal_smile .gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #10 of 11
  Well, a battery swap fixed it. So I guess I"m all good :p.

LOL! That was my first guess, just judging from the thread title before I saw the thread...but I didn't expect a dying battery to cause such problems, like sound stopping when you touch the headband. I recommend using rechargeable batteries; otherwise, it's too much money spent on new batteries. You may have noticed that the sound quality gradually decreases as the battery depletes. I charged my batteries on a daily basis. It was an amusing novelty, having to do that to get the best sound for a headphone.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #11 of 11

LOL! That was my first guess, just judging from the thread title before I saw the thread...but I didn't expect a dying battery to cause such problems, like sound stopping when you touch the headband. I recommend using rechargeable batteries; otherwise, it's too much money spent on new batteries. You may have noticed that the sound quality gradually decreases as the battery depletes. I charged my batteries on a daily basis. It was an amusing novelty, having to do that to get the best sound for a headphone.

Will do that, thanks! I bought a pack of Duracell unchargeable's, because the rechargable ones always die sooner (in my experience). But If I buy a pack a month it's ridiculous haha.

THanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back