Bose QC 15 = Crystal clear tinnitus?
Nov 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hdnov9

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I have tinnitus, I can hear to it during pin drop silent. I watch movies every day at night and was looking for a headphones. Many people suggested using QC 15 instead of open headphones. (Previously I was using closed ones)

So just few hours back, I brought the QC 15. I noticed that QC 15 blocks outside sounds like AC, but I can clearly hear to tinnitus. if I remove the QC 15 I cant hear to tinnitus at all.

So to compensate for tinnitus, I will have to increase the volume. My Sony closed headphones gives me enough volume at 8, but Qc 15 gives me same amount of volume at around 22. (I meant the windows volume slider which is on right hand bottom side in taskbar)

So I am thinking, it will even make the tinnitus worse? I just wasted $$$ on it? Should have I brought the open ones?

Really need your advice guys, Thanks

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't know much about tinnitus, but I would think that a closed back headset would make it worse because it's more quiet. Open might have been better to you because some of the background noise might help to drown out your tinnitus.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
I don't know much about tinnitus, but I would think that a closed back headset would make it worse because it's more quiet. Open might have been better to you because some of the background noise might help to drown out your tinnitus.

Yeah, too bad the seller wont take the QC 15 back, looks like I dont any other option other than buying Senn HD 518.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Yeah, too bad the seller wont take the QC 15 back, looks like I dont any other option other than buying Senn HD 518.

If they are still in mint condition and you have the retail packaging, you should be able to get most of your money back through ebay. 

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 8
Yeah I actually owned the QC15s once and sold them on eBay because I didn't like them. It was actually pretty easy to find a buyer for them. I'm telling you, eBay really is a great place to buy and sell headphones.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 8
I have intrusive tinnitus, if I want to, I can still hear it in a club. You should learn to ignore it, then you can forget about it. It's called habituation. You shouldn't be listening for your tinnitus or make purchasing decision because of it. The more attention you pay to it, the louder it tends to become.

Tinnitus has many causes, it is not always an ear condition or noise trauma induced, but regardless of cause, incurable as you know. Therefore it is vitally important to keep volume levels under control. Never listen at max volume on your devices for prolonged periods of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back