Bose In-Ear Headphones
Mar 23, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #16 of 43
Its a shame that a new person can come to this site asking a simple question about burn in time for new earphones and winds up getting trashed for getting (free) Bose in ears. I bet the view high atop their soapboxes is just marvelous.

Blu-ray wasn't asking for opinions on Bose, he wasn't asking what people think of the Bose marketing or the quality of their products. He wasn't asking what his parents should have gotten instead of Bose either. Some of you people come off like complete tools the way you shove your anti-Bose rhetoric in the face of anyone who stumbles across your posting.

Get a grip.
mad.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #17 of 43
I've spent time with both, and the 7m's are substantially better than the Bose IE's - the 7m's being much more detailed (although no where near a balanced armature), with better highs, better transparency, and decent left/right sound stage (although not much depth) + isolation.

That said, the Bose IE's are alright, certainly not anything to complain about at a cost of $0
smile.gif
Got a pair for my wife a couple of years ago after reading that they were the most comfortable in ear option on the market (buds and iem's both drive her crazy from a comfort perspective) - and that is no lie. With respect to burn-in, I have not noticed any changes.

Negatives: they are the antithesis of a critical listening phone (not detailed, trebles recessed, no isolation)

Positives: easy to listen to, extremely comfortable, and if you like punch in the bottom end, you will not find it lacking due to the ported design.

Don't let the anti-bose posters get to you - band wagon bose hatred is something of an unfortunate staple on these boards. Perhaps exploited by some as a simple means of boosting their post counts... In any event, ignore the trolls and enjoy your free buds.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by skeptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've spent time with both, and the 7m's are substantially better than the Bose IE's - the 7m's being much more detailed (although no where near a balanced armature), with better highs, better transparency, and decent left/right sound stage (although not much depth) + isolation.

That said, the Bose IE's are alright, certainly not anything to complain about at a cost of $0
smile.gif
Got a pair for my wife a couple of years ago after reading that they were the most comfortable in ear option on the market (buds and iem's both drive her crazy from a comfort perspective) - and that is no lie. With respect to burn-in, I have not noticed any changes.

Negatives: they are the antithesis of a critical listening phone (not detailed, trebles recessed, no isolation)

Positives: easy to listen to, extremely comfortable, and if you like punch in the bottom end, you will not find it lacking due to the ported design.

Hello Skeptic, I agree with your assessment of the Bose headphones completely. They fit easy, sound open, have huge bass and are not bad especially for free. I am also glad that you feel the NE-7M's are a better set of phones as it helps ease my concern on spending hard to come by cash on them.

Have you perchance had any experience with Klipsch Custom 1's, if so how have you found they compare to the NE-7M's. Just curious as I have a chance to buy the C1's on sale in Canada at London Drugs for about the same price as I'm paying for the NE-7M's after dollar difference and shipping costs. The bit of reviews/experience I'm reading about the C1's would seem to suggest I may appreciate the NE-7M's more due to more bass and larger sound stage but since I can not test the C1's, any clues from people who have used both are very welcome.

I know I would love some of these balanced armature phones people keep talking about which is why I have avoided trying to find some to listen to. So long as I don't find out what I'm missing I won't be tempted to throw $300-400 in to something my wife will kill me on LOL. If these NE-7M's are even close to as nice as every that raves about them say, I think I may have a nice winning set of phones to last me until my financial situation gets more stable. If I REALLY LIKE THEM, I may not ever bother to go higher as I am not a true blue audiophile (all my Head-fi reading may change that though, given time...) and am more just looking for that Holy Grail match in regards to a headphone that has the bass, midrange, and treble I would like, along with nice detail, a good sound stage, and nice left to right separation.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #20 of 43
nice to see another head-fier from toronto.. welcome..

I have a pair of Bose IE that I got for dirt cheap.. don't ask me how much.. just dirt cheap..

they do respond to burn-in.. period..
however, to the untrained ear, the difference is minimal..

*if i were you, i would sell the Bose IE to some sucker on Kijiji and buy something else.. they are a nice upgrade over the stock ibuds.. but not $130 nice..

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a shame that a new person can come to this site asking a simple question about burn in time for new earphones and winds up getting trashed for getting (free) Bose in ears. I bet the view high atop their soapboxes is just marvelous.

Blu-ray wasn't asking for opinions on Bose, he wasn't asking what people think of the Bose marketing or the quality of their products. He wasn't asking what his parents should have gotten instead of Bose either. Some of you people come off like complete tools the way you shove your anti-Bose rhetoric in the face of anyone who stumbles across your posting.

Get a grip.
mad.gif

x2. A lot of immature kids here.

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #22 of 43
Ignore those who can't read. You got them for free so I think you got a good deal.

Anyway what people do with their own money is their business.

The In-Ear I believe uses dynamic transducers, so burning them in may improve the sound.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #23 of 43
Story from today:

I just helped a friend buy a pair of Denon D1001s. I put on a Jack Johnson (she's a HUGE fan) track, and after a while, she said, "I didn't know Jack used a shaker for this song..." Her previous headphones? Bose IEs, burned in hundreds of hours.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW in case you haven't figured it out. Most head-fi.org users do NOT LIKE BOSE! That doesn't mean that Bose is necessarily bad or that you have to agree with their sentiment.
rolleyes.gif
. So considering these are free headphones use them until you either break them or until you get to hear (or be convinced) that you want a different pair and have fun
darthsmile.gif
until then.
smile.gif

Yeah, some people can get pretty passionate about this (myself included!), but it's just like anything with enthusiasts. You'll have bashing no matter where you go.

OP - a few of my friends have the Bose Triport In-ear's. I don't think there is any break-in with these headphones, at least from what I've asked from my friends. However, your mileage may vary.

P.S. - I still think you should put those back in box, sell 'em, and get something else.
L3000.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #26 of 43
Again, not jumping on the bandwagon here..but asking to burn in IEMs that are already lacking in critical areas seems slightly redundant, no? Keeping in mind that none of this has to do with BOSE specifically, if several people have expressed a noticeable lacking in different areas of an IEM, would trying to burn them in really help that dramatically given the basic(and I'm assuming, unsurmountable..) shortcomings of that phone?

My vote goes too, for an ebay sale and some better options.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Get a grip.
mad.gif

dude this is pretty rich when in a thread the same age as this one your trashing somebody for thier avatar even tho the guys avatar is completely respectable.

get a grip!
mad.gif

EDIT: in fact here is exactly what you said to somebody that didnt provoke you in any way ( in fact all he said is he likes the look of the beats headphones ): ''This does not surprise me, coming from someone with an anime (or whatever those stupid things are called) avatars, and their profile location as "-heaven-".''

gotta say your really one to talk about respecting what somebody says, stunning example of grace.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #28 of 43
I think Bose IE are great.
They're good starters. I've had it for a year and I found nothing wrong with it until i've listen to my new scl3 and se310s.
Bose IE is greater than a lot of other IEM but also not so much greater than other IEMs.

They're very easy to listen to. It wouldn't annoy you because it won't play everything that a musician wanted to.

In my opinion, bose's goal is not to get their products to hit most accurate notes but rather they use "psychoacoustic" whatever thing to make listening expeerience a llittle different. Note that bose is not a brand to target audiophiles but regular consumer people.

Sometimes I think it's stupid to look for the most accurate sounds.

There're other better things to do than listening to IEM/headphones, all day to find out which notes are playing/not.

Have fun with your Bose IE and when you feel like you want some more accuracy, go for it.
You'll only get like 70-90 for selling it on ebay or so with all the hassle
just keep it and buy yourself something else later.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #29 of 43
oh and to the OP, bose equipment is good, well built, sounds decent...its just overpriced!, for free they are a stunning bargain and easily outclass stock buds with 99% of sources.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #30 of 43
I had the Bose IE and I think they decided what type a sound signature I liked. Before the Bose IE were SE110s, and after the Bose were my current IE8s. I definitely prefered a good amount of bass over very little. Anyway, hope you enjoy your free gift
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back