BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones
Aug 29, 2010 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

jepitoabuan

New Head-Fier
Hey guys have any feedbacks on BOSE IE2 IN EAR HEADPHONES? I really want to know if it sounds good and if it pops a pretty good bass with it? They're still not available here so any comments will be well appreciated.. thanks guys..

Aug 29, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 54

Quote:
Bose is very looked down upon here.  I suggest you NOT go after them because you can get much more for the same price.

If you haven't tried them, your point is mute. I suggest you observe instead of comment on things you know nothing about.

Aug 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 54
Who knows, they might be good.  I'd be surprised based on Bose's track record, but maybe these are different.

However, if you're looking for known good sound, try some of the recommendations made here.

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #8 of 54
actually quite good. just got these as a gift from the wife. I do not compare these to my ultrasones, grados, or any other high end headphone. But they fit great, and don't need to be jammed into your ear canal. I have shure, beyer, and sony in ears, and I can see myself using these phones more because of the fit. The sound quality is respectable, not great, but it grows on you. Maybe I am jaded because I have the bose system in my infiniti, and the sonic signature is similar.

Nov 7, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #9 of 54
I just bought the MIE2i model (Bose IE2 with iPhone/iPod controls), I quite like them. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me, but it seems to sound better the more I listen to them. Also, they are extremely comfortable.

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #10 of 54
I just bought a pair of these yesterday. They are very comfortable. I am undecided about sound quality. I have certainly heard much worse. It was a bit of an impulse purchase involving a gift card from a friend and 10% off of bose headphones at a local store

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #13 of 54

I just bought a pair of MIE2. I've read a few magazine reviews that favoured them, it got me curios so I had to give them a try. Haven't tried them for more than an hour or so, but so far it's been good. I'm actually very surprised that they sound as good as they do 
eek.gif
 They felt a bit "strange" at first as they don't go in to your ear canal, also the silicone "wings" took some getting used to. But, I must confess that these are the most comfortable IEM's I've ever tried, they're even better than my Klipsch S4i.

They don't isolate outside noise that much, it's like using a open headphone. The big and wide sound is also somewhat reminiscent of a open headphone. I wont go into details about the sound as I've just opened them up, I'll get back with more later on. One comment though: they're a big positive surprise! I can see me using these while at work.

Dec 24, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #14 of 54
I use the IE quite often. It just seems like they are more acceptable in many situations when I need to hear what is going on around me. I bought a set of IE2 Stay Hear tips but I didn't really like them or need them to get a good fit. My main dislikes are the length of the easy to snag rubbery cord and the idiotic "authenticity chip" 6 inches from the plug.

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #15 of 54
I got the IE2s as a present, and they're not bad... For a present.
Personally, I wouldn't spend money on these after hearing the sound quality and then comparing it to my similarly priced earphones.
Right now they're just sitting on the back of my headphone shelf. I don't even use them, but I keep them there for show.

Isolation isn't that good, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back